Christmas Gifts IX! (Enter here!)

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey All!

This is year nine for the Christmas Give-away .. I've got the santa hat this year, thank you, ksbman for running 7 years of giveaways! The format and rules will basically be the same, thank you for letting me use the text!

This thread is for entering the giveaway, just post in the thread asking to be in! I am sorry for posting this so late, I should have done this much earlier, but I got confused with how to run things. I am sorry guys. :oops:
As a result I will give this thread a week so people can enter.

I asked other CPF members to donate a light (or whatever) that they are not using, and we've gotten a pretty positive response this year! Currently, there are quite a few lights in the hat.

Saturday, December 3, I will post, in random order, the names of those whom ask to be considered in this thread. Those people will then be able to choose a donated light, one at a time, starting from the top of the list.

This offer is open to those participating members of the CPF community who cannot afford to buy one of these lights themselves, whether it be because they have no job, no disposable income, are still in school, or ?.

PLEASE do not ask to be considered just because you do not want to spend your own money. Let someone who truly is in need have a chance to get a light.

I won't mention what lights are available until December 3 ;). I'll be posting some sneak peeks as this thread is late. Sorry again.

RULES- Don't take a light just because it is free. If you have no use for what is available when it is your turn to choose, leave it for the next person. Please be considerate.

This offer is open to those participating members of the CPF community who cannot afford to buy one of these lights themselves, whether it be because they have no job, no disposable income, are still in school, or ?.

- If your 'About Me' profile isn't filled out, you don't qualify.
- If you have received a gift from the last 3 Christmas Give-aways, then you don't qualify.
- If you have more than one 'high end' light, you don't qualify.
- If you just don't want to spend your own money, you don't qualify.
- If you just want another light to add to your collection, you don't qualify.
- If you signed up for CPF just to join the giveaway, you don't qualify . If you signed up after 11/1/11 (lots of 1s!), I'm afraid you can't participate! (exceptions can be made)

The two new rules are:

- All was ask of the participants is for them to provide some perspective (this can be done in private in a PM if need be)
- If you entered and received from past giveaways, be truthful. How much were the lights worth, what's going on with them now, and why do you feel you deserve one this year?

The first person on the list picks which light he wants and posts his choice. The second person then makes his choice from what's left and posts what he's chosen. And so on.

Once we get to the bottom of the list there will still be a lot of lights left over. We'll just run the list again, this time in reverse order, starting from the bottom and working up until all the lights are gone.

I will update the list to reflect what's been chosen already, but you don't have to wait on me. Just read the post ahead of yours and choose accordingly.

The process will take a few days because I won't notify you when it's your turn. You'll just have to check the thread to see when you're up. In the past, the people on the list below a slowpoke will PM/e-mail that person, several times.

On the first run of the list, if it's been your turn for two days and you haven't chose yet, you will be skipped over. On the second (or more) run, you have one day to choose before you are skipped over. If you have been skipped, you can choose whenever you do show back up.

After you've chosen a light, send an e-mail or PM with your address to the person who donated the light and we'll mail your light to you.

The economy hasn't been the greatest this year either.. a heartfelt, "thank you!" to all the donators for sparing what they have to make others happy.

Last edited:

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
ALL GONE! :santa:
Fenix E01, Olive with green Nite GlowRing, Lightly used, generously donated by etheralshade
2. ITP R01, with holster and USB charging cable, generously donated by etheralshade
3. Electrolumens EDC-MCE (neutral white version) -- small chips to anodizing, generously donated by etheralshade
4. Surefire 9Z weaponlight kit, 9Z(a 9Z looks similar to a z3 but has a longer smooth portion) with newer hex head M2 bezel, P90 and P91, tapeswitch, barrel clamp, and V70 speed holster, generously donated by etheralshade
5. Sunwayman V10R Ti -- with pocket clip, minor carry wear, generously donated by etheralshade
6. Surefire 6P with M61W -- Bored for 18650 cells, and using old fashioned smooth bezel (from the 9Z above) rather than a Z44, generously donated by etheralshade
7. SureFire 6P w/ Malkoff M60 drop-in (Production version of Gene's now classic creation),generously donated by Monocrom
8. SureFire E1E w/ Lumens Factory inca. lamp (rated at 40 lumens at the emitter, designed for 1xCR123 primary),generously donated by Monocrom
Fenix P3D Q5 in Natural finish (comes with Fenix open-top belt pouch for it), generously donated by Monocrom
10. Surefire 6P-GM Including its original P60 lamp assembly with unknown power-on hours, I'll throw in 2 dropins - one is a more practical 1-amp 5-mode XP-G based drop in for everyday illumination and the other is a handcrafted SSC P7 3-level 2.8A AMC-based dropin that he put together, generously donated by KevinL note from Kevin: This was the 2nd Surefire light I bought as a flashaholic, nearly 7 years ago. It is still in outstanding physical condition, I'd rate it a 9/10 at least. It's time for the 6P to move on and do some more good in the world. Recommend running that from 17670s - it's a true LED HOLA option delivering hundreds of lumens output.
11. Peak Logan QTC, power level 4, 99%+ condition, generously donated by Scout24
12. Zebralight H31Fw, no box, generously donated by Scout24
13. Zebralight SC31w, no box, generously donated by Scout24
Thrunite Ti firefly, ships from illuminationsupply.com, generously donated by Scout24
15. Thrunite Ti firefly, generously donated by Scout24
16. Fenix L2D CE, Black UK ONLY, generously donated by Tomcat!
17. Surefire E2E Ha gray, generously donated by medieval
18. Solarforce L2i with new XM-l drop in. Runs on three aaa's (included), generously donated by medieval
19. Dereelight DBS V2 with 3 mode hi/med/low, 3SD 5a Q2 neutral (to my eyes) tint. Comes with WF 138 charger and two AW 18650's, lightly used, generously donated by medieval
20. SS Peak El Captain Level 8, generously donated by timmyns
21. Quark MiNi AA², R5 Edition, generously donated by LED ninja
22. SRM 710 knife, generously donated by mcmc
23. iTP A1 EOS Stainless Steel. It's been polished and has had the keychain attachment cut off. donated by mvyrmnd
24. Paracord neck lanyard, generously donated by essexman This can be combined with another choice :)
25. Paracord neck lanyard, generously donated by essexman This can be combined with another choice :)
26. Paracord neck lanyard, generously donated by essexman This can be combined with another choice :)
27. Paracord neck lanyard, generously donated by essexman This can be combined with another choice :)
28. Preon Revo SS w/ Neutral XP-G. Good condition but a few nicks, generously donated by ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond
29. Neutral XM-L modded Nitecore SR3 w/ 18650 extension tube, generously donated by ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond
solarforce complete body with a solarforce 4,2 volt xml dropin and 2 aw 2600 batteries + a Fenix L0D w/batteries! donated by anonymous (contact me with your addy and I'll send the message to the donor :) )
31. kershaw blur knife , CONUS, generously donated by tyrantrave
32. Peak Lego Fun #1: 2 brass pocket bodies, a brass 3-LED head and a stainless
Eiger XP-G #8 head, generously donated by notrefined
33. Peak Lego Fun #2: a brass pocket and a brass lug body, stainless 3-LED head and brass
Eiger XP-G #8 head, generously donated by notrefined
34. Peak Lego Fun #3: 2 HA pocket bodies, an HA 10280 lug body, a stainless XP-G #8 head and two neutral rebel heads with the unfortunate greenish tint, generously donated by
notrefined
35. Fenix PD31 with batteries, generously donated by jhc37013
36. Quark 123² Turbo "X", generously donated by ksbman
37. Quark "X" AA² Tactical, generously donated by ksbman
38. NovaTac 120T, Black, generously donated by ksbman
39. Olight M21 Warrior, generously donated by ksbman
40. ZebraLight H31 Headlamp, generously donated by ksbman
41. Surefire LX2 LumaMax, generously donated by ksbman, claimed by mgt131
42. Arc AAA Titanium, generously donated by ksbman
43, Arc AAA Titanium+, generously donated by 44. ksbman
44. Inova X1, black, generously donated by caltemus
45. Inova X2, black, generously donated by caltemus
46. Door #2, generously donated by kelmo :whistle:
47. HDS 140 Tactical, nano charger, and AW RCR123, generously donated by sloan
48. Olight M21X, generously donated by AardvarkSagus of Laymanslights
49. Lumahunter MPV, generously donated by jvc55349
50. Kershaw Zing, generously donated by xian13

The LIST!
  1. mgt131: 41. Surefire LX2 LumaMax, generously donated by ksbman
  2. SuLyMaN: 37. Quark "X" AA² Tactical, generously donated by ksbman
  3. Miri: 43, Arc AAA Titanium +, generously donated by 44. ksbman
  4. hydrou: 5. Sunwayman V10R Ti -- with pocket clip, minor carry wear, generously donated by etheralshade
  5. neal71: 46. Door #2, generously donated by kelmo
  6. potpot: 47. HDS 140 Tactical, nano charger, and AW RCR123, generously donated by sloan
  7. MikhailO: 39. Olight M21 Warrior, generously donated by ksbman. + 24 Paracord neck lanyard, generously donated by essexman
  8. Beamer4D: 21.Quark MiNi AA², R5 Edition, generously donated by LED ninja + 25 Paracord neck lanyard, generously donated by essexman
  9. Blight: 40. ZebraLight H31 Headlamp, generously donated by ksbman + 26 Paracord neck lanyard, generously donated by essexman
  10. jh333233: 4. Surefire 9Z weaponlight kit, 9Z, generously donated by etheralshade
  11. tyrantrave: 6. Surefire 6P with M61W -- Bored for 18650 cells, and using old fashioned smooth bezel (from the 9Z above) rather than a Z44, generously donated by etheralshade
  12. Timmyns: 12. Zebralight H31Fw donated by Scout24
  13. DVN: 28. Preon Revo SS w/ Neutral XP-G. Good condition but a few nicks, generously donated by ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond + 27. Paracord neck lanyard, generously donated by essexman This can be combined with another choice & 16. Fenix L2D CE, Black UK ONLY, generously donated by Tomcat!
  14. legtu: 29. Neutral XM-L modded Nitecore SR3 w/ 18650 extension tube, generously donated by ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond & 44. Inova X1, black, generously donated by caltemus
  15. varmit: 19. Dereelight DBS V2 with 3 mode hi/med/low, 3SD 5a Q2 neutral (to my eyes) tint. Comes with WF 138 charger and two AW 18650's, lightly used, generously donated by medieval & 1. Fenix E01, Olive with green Nite GlowRing, Lightly used, generously donated by etheralshade
  16. Persefone: 38. NovaTac 120T, Black, generously donated by ksbman. & 2. ITP R01, with holster and USB charging cable, generously donated by etheralshade
  17. MattE: # 48, Olight M21X, generously donated by AardvarkSagus & 22. SRM 710 knife, generously donated by mcmc
  18. ico: 36. Quark 123² Turbo "X", generously donated by ksbman & 8. SureFire E1E w/ Lumens Factory inca. lamp (rated at 40 lumens at the emitter, designed for 1xCR123 primary),generously donated by Monocrom
  19. eternity: 10. Surefire 6P-GM... generously donated by KevinL & 17. Surefire E2E Ha gray, generously donated by medieval
  20. Nomad: # 3. Electrolumens EDC-MCE (neutral white version) -- small chips to anodizing, generously donated by etheralshade & 15. Thrunite Ti firefly, generously donated by Scout24
  21. PaulSR: #35. Fenix PD31 with batteries, generously donated by jhc37013 & 45. Inova X2, black, generously donated by caltemus
  22. goki: 49. Lumahunter MPV, generously donated by jvc55349 & 23. iTP A1 EOS Stainless Steel. It's been polished and has had the keychain attachment cut off. donated by mvyrmnd
  23. H-Man: #30 solarforce complete body with a solarforce 4,2 volt xml dropin and 2 aw 2600 batteries + a Fenix L0D w/batteries! & 34. Peak Lego Fun #3: 2 HA pocket bodies, an HA 10280 lug body, a stainless XP-G #8 head and two neutral rebel heads with the unfortunate greenish tint, generously donated by notrefined
  24. REDAT9-AP1: 18. Solarforce L2i with new XM-l drop in. Runs on three aaa's (included), generously donated by medieval & 9. Fenix P3D Q5 in neutral finish (comes with Fenix open-top pouch for it) , generously donated by Monocrom
  25. dealgrabber2002: 13. Zebralight SC31w, no box, generously donated by Scout24 & 50. Kershaw Zing, generously donated by xian13
  26. dobermann100: #7. SureFire 6P w/ Malkoff M60 drop-in (Production version of Gene's now classic creation),generously donated by Monocrom & 14. Thrunite Ti firefly, ships from illuminationsupply.com, generously donated by Scout24
  27. StylisticGambit: 20. SS Peak El Captain Level 8, generously donated by timmyns & 42. Arc AAA Titanium, generously donated by ksbman
  28. raynstacy: 11. Peak Logan QTC, power level 4, 99%+ condition, generously donated by Scout24 & 32. Peak Lego Fun #1: 2 brass pocket bodies, a brass 3-LED head and a stainless Eiger XP-G #8 head, generously donated by notrefined
  29. Sinjz: 31. kershaw blur knife , CONUS, generously donated by tyrantrave & 33. Peak Lego Fun #2: a brass pocket and a brass lug body, stainless 3-LED head and brass Eiger XP-G #8 head, generously donated by notrefined
  30. Soulraiser: taken care of :)

Last edited:

PaulSR

Newly Enlightened
Didn't want to be the first, but I would like to be considered. I have been out of work for about 18 months and constantly looking without anything coming of it. Renting a room from a family friend, my fiance and I live in the room, she is unable to work. Christmas will be a little thin this year for both of us.

I really enjoy reading all the posts and would love to have a "quality" light, but it is currently not in my nonexistent budget!

Thank you,
Paul

Last edited:

ico

Enlightened
I'd also like to join. I'm still in school with about 2 years more before I graduate so I do not have enough disposable "savings" to spend. I do have one high end light though I got it at a very huge discount.
I hope my location does work for this event too.

Thanks

MikhailO

Newly Enlightened
I am a full time student, and I'd like to join the list. I did join the giveaway before, and I received a big THOR spotlight converted to HID. I rarely use it, but it has come in handy on the occasions I've needed to. I can't afford to buy a decent every day kind of light, my part time job cut my hours to nothing and I'm lucky if I can make rent. Also, I'm a single guy with no family, so this will almost certainly be the only present I get. It's really great that you guys are doing this!

-Mikhail

P.S. I have no idea what that Thor spotlight is worth, I have no idea what the specs are on it since it's a conversion. It weighs like 20 lbs, so it's a really specialized piece of equipment. It rocks though!

Last edited:

SuLyMaN

Enlightened
Ok guys...Let me post. I'd like to be considered this year. I cannot afford to buy a light atm nor could I last year. Circumstances changed and I had to take a loan and do stuffs irl which pretty much cash strapped me.

Last year I was in giveaway among the last candidates to choose. It was a sweet nitecore ez-aa (heavy ano wear) which has been of fantastic use to me!
Been using it to look around dark corners, to fix my pc, used a couple of times as bed side lamp when my lbuld burnt, used in power cuts, used to pick broken glass in my house thrice and much much more ^_^.
I understand that I am not technically eligible but heh, its xmas and if any chance, I'd like to be counted in. Cheers.

H-Man

Enlightened
I'd like to join. As it is the little money I earn doing odd jobs goes towards gas, I haven't been able to get a steady job since my hands are giving me trouble with just the workload from school and I plan to keep a 3.0 in school this year to make up for the bad grades caused by PTSD (short version is that I couldn't trust anyone at all during my 9th and 10th grade, with some recovery in 11th, but still prone to breakdowns when something triggers a toxic memory.)
The best light I have is an ultrastinger with a decayed battery and melted lens that my dad found somewhere.
I want to have a light that is dependable, but my current financial situation forced me to forgo buying a light during the summer and it hasn't improved.

Miri

Newly Enlightened
I fought with myself if I should join this nice giveaway as I am quite new to cpf and have not participated for a long time to give something back to the community, yet.

However, I could use a nice thing to light up these dim and dark winter evenings. And as I am currently a signle-mom with only a part time job, my savings will be spent for a toy for my 1,5 year old daughter, but there will be no one this year to make me a joy for christmas.

But I will leave it up to you, if I qualify for this year.

Nevertheless, thanks and have a nice christmas season!

Nomad

Enlightened
Well, I have participated in the past, and I still have the light from last year. It's a great light, and I use it at work all the time. It's my only high end light. It's an Olight Warrior. I did get a firefly custom light years ago, and I passed that along to someone else. It definitely showed its age but it's a really good light. I actually have nothing left other than the Olight and accompanying batteries. My ex and I split up a little over a year ago and a lot of my decent stuff disappeared when her family came to help her move. I am crushingly poor, as in I don't know how I'm going to put gas in the car. I am back in school, and haven't been able to get a decent job that'll give me any significant number of hours. VERY frustrating! Receiving a light was the highlight of my Christmas last year, and it was the only present I received. I'd really like to be in on the drawing this year.

legtu

Enlightened
i'd like to join please. i've been unemployed for almost a year (still am but getting by with the help of freelance jobs). i still have my trusty l0p-se and cpf safelight with me, the xm-3 that i got before was destroyed by a leaky batt and have since sold the others in order to bring food to the table. hopefully, christmas would be 'brighter' this year. :)

Persefone

Newly Enlightened
Hello, i also did join the giveaway last year but my situation is the same. I'm still a student and this should be the final year. During this year i saved some money but i spent all for my animals :) However i'm happy because my cat "Mia" now is fine after a surgery. She had a "stone" (1,34cm) in the bladder.
If someone wants further infos about my animals, pm me ;-)
So i'd like to be considered for this year if possible,

Thank you
Anna Maria

tyrantrave

Newly Enlightened
I'd like to be considered to join! I'm a student about to graduate so I can't work in order to get my grades up. I got a Solarforce L2i which unfortunately has stopped working. I can't really afford to get another torch now. CPF is a great community and I'm looking forward to a great event!

Last edited:

Timmyns

Newly Enlightened
One more gift-receiver from last year's giveaway, but also a donor this year. :) The light I got is truly great but it didn't get that much use so I wouldn't mind passing it on. And since financial situation out here is as crappy as ever and my flashlight budget is still non-existent I would like try my luck again this year and be included in the receiving list. :)

potpot

Newly Enlightened
I would like to be considered in this giveaway. Although I have a job, my salary barely covers my daily expenses. I've only started learning about high-end lights recently and with the prices that I'm seeing, I doubt that I'll be able to save enough cash to buy one in xx years to come. :mecry:

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
ah, looks like the profiles got a bit reset from last year.

make sure your "about me" is filled out again!

Craig

varmint

Enlightened
Hello all I would like to be considered for the give away, I lost my job due to the economy here in the US about 18 mo ago, I started raising cattle or did and the drough about did away with all of that as I had no grass to sustain my herd, I am new to flashlights and do qualify as a everyday user, I do meet the criteria listed.
Thanks to all as I really enjoy reading and posting here, everyone have a great Christmas and holidays.
Larry

Last edited:

machtig

Newly Enlightened
I'd like to DONATE a light. Pristine Olight T20 with holster, lanyard, and spare orings, etc. Someone in the know contact me with how to go about donating it.

Brian

sneedbd at gmail dot com

DVN

Newly Enlightened
I'm still a poor student and don't have any expendable income for the awesome flashlights I read about all the time on here. A new flashlight would definitely be a fantastic Christmas gift. I would love to be included this year. Thank you so much to everyone.

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast