Surefire 6p conversion

pinecone

Newly Enlightened
I've made several searches and can't seem to come up with an answer. Is it possible to convert a 6P to a 1 X AA or 2 X AA light? I'm looking at dropping in a Malkoff and see post referring to a conversion of this type but can't find any threads discussing how to's or what drop-in's might be the best. any help would be appreciated.

Waspy

Newly Enlightened
I've made several searches and can't seem to come up with an answer. Is it possible to convert a 6P to a 1 X AA or 2 X AA light? I'm looking at dropping in a Malkoff and see post referring to a conversion of this type but can't find any threads discussing how to's or what drop-in's might be the best. any help would be appreciated.

Solarforce do a 3xAAA body.

BBL

Enlightened
A 9P (or 6P with extender) has the required length for 2xAA. You would need a dropin that runs on 2-3V.

archimedes

Flashaholic
A 9P (or 6P with extender) has the required length for 2xAA. You would need a dropin that runs on 2-3V.

... and you can buy (or make) a battery sleeve to decrease rattle.

Cr123 is approximately 16-17mm diameter, whereas AA is only about 14mm instead.

pinecone

Newly Enlightened
rhanks for the info. Apparently the extended made by Surefire for the 6P is no longer made. Maybe a source for them out there somewhere. I guess the one for the Solarforce L2 would work. I had started looking a the Malkoff for a drop-in but I'm not sure they make one in the voltage range of the 2 X AA.

Up to this point I've just bought factory flashlights so this is a new experience for me.

thanks

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Is it possible to convert a 6P to a 1 X AA or 2 X AA light?

The 6P (65mm) falls in between the 1AA (50mm) and 2AA (100mm) length. You can subtract 15mm by adding a spacer or add 34mm with an A19 extender (still available). An alternative to the A19 is replacing the 6P with a 9P or G3. Sleeves are made that hold the cells in the center.

The M31 operates between 0.8 and 3.3 volts, but 2 AA are required for full output.