Newbie: Considering Fenix TA20 - other options?

Peroni1973

Newly Enlightened
Okay folks be gentle with me - this is my first post here...

I have a few smaller LED flashlights with a FenixLD10-R5 as my regular EDC, and a little Fenix E05 on my keychain. I do like the fact that they use easily (and cheaply) purchased AA/ AAA batteries however I realise that I'll likely have to move on to improve performance.

I am not stuck on Fenix as a brand (despite the above) but am looking to step-up in-terms of throw and run-time so that I can have a more performance oriented flashlight in my pack/bag. I was thinking along the lines of 5-6 inches with approx. 34mm head diameter as I guess this still seems pocketable in a jacket. I'd love to hear your thoughts on the TA20 or alternatives please :huh:...

I would still envisage carrying the LD10 and my pocket knife as EDC (but I am also open to suggestions of alternatives to the LD10!! :naughty:)

Thanks all,

Ben

Peroni1973

Newly Enlightened
Having read around the site a bit more I am leaning toward the Klarus XT10...

Seems straight forward and robust and I kind of like the idea of the two click-buttons. Still happy to consider other options!

Thanks,

Ben

coolperl

Newly Enlightened
I own one. It's very nice and robust light. Overall design is well thought out, but frankly... this flashlight is a bit outdated by today's standards. I mean, it's not that bright. If I was to buy a new pocket light, that has both better throw and more light, I'd wait for Sunwayman T20CS (soon to be released). And take into account, that light with head diameter ~35mm and XM-L won't throw far.

swan

Banned
Have a look at the zebralight sc600, only 107mm long and 750 lumens. Best light i have-cant leave it alone, get it now.

Peroni1973

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the suggestions coolperl & swan -

I have just ordered an SC600...

Ben

AaronG

Enlightened
Do you have a 18650 charger coming too? Just remember with lithium rechargables safety first.

Read up in the cells and charger section before you get going.

Battery: One 18650 size (up to 67mm long) 3.6/3.7V Li-ion rechargeable
battery. Batteries are not included in the package