**Surefire should build a smaller plastic flashlight the size of an E1**

nonbox

Banned
Surefire should build a smaller plastic flashlight the size of an E1. Perhaps call it the G1. Would you guys buy it?

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I don't own a Sure-Fire yet
tongue.gif
but i've read they run fairly hot, so aluminum seems a better material to me. since i've bee using a rubber coated light lately, plastic lights just don't "feel" right
rolleyes.gif

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
franken, I've yet to buy a Sure-Fire too
blush.gif
(it's been fun deciding which 3 I'll get, and I have a b/day coming up soon)
cool.gif

There are many heat resisting plastics available now, but perhaps materials costs are very high
shocked.gif

And nonbox, I agree that there are some real strange omissions in the Sure-Fire range.

Lite-Lover
frown.gif
rolleyes.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Size15's

Flashaholic
In order to construct a body that is as good or better than the current T8 Al used by SureFire, in a size that is similar or smaller then the E1, I believe Nitrolon may not be strong enough.
I am no expert on "plastics" and the like, but maybe Delrin could be used?

Al

nonbox

Banned
Many online retailers keep selling out of the small E1 so I think the small surefires really sell. The G2 exist but is too big. A light weight plastic small G1 would be a carry everywhere flashlight. Why the hell doesn't surefire build a G1?

Cyclops942

Flashlight Enthusiast
Somewhere in the vicinity of Phoenix, Arizona, USA
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by nonbox:
Many online retailers keep selling out of the small E1 so I think the small surefires really sell. The G2 exist but is too big. A light weight plastic small G1 would be a carry everywhere flashlight. Why the hell doesn't surefire build a G1?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So why is the E1 not a carry everywhere flashlight? Again, what causes the preference for plastic?

nonbox

Banned
Plastic is lighter weight and cost less so the flashlight will be cheaper than an E1. Surefire made a plastic version of a 6P and called it G2 so why not build a G1?

Brock

Flashaholic
I like the E2, but I would like it lighter, but not bigger. I would gues that is why most people want a plastic or some sort of polymer light, but I could be wrong.

Brock

K Horn

Newly Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Brock:
I like the E2, but I would like it lighter, but not bigger. I would gues that is why most people want a plastic or some sort of polymer light, but I could be wrong.

Brock
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That, and I think their looking for it to be sold at a lower cost. Of course this won't be enough, somebody else will want a lockout switch, and I personally would love a battery extension turning it into an E3.
Then after all this we're back to the LED thing. We seem to be a pretty fickled bunch here.

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast
The weight is the major factor. For the size of E1, portability is the theme. Althought E1 uses only one cell, it's a tiny bit heavier than UKE 2L which uses 2 cells.

Alan Chan

nonbox

Banned
I believe a G1 that is cheaper and made of a light weight plastic will sell in large volumes.

Non flashlight junkies will buy a great deal of them also.

K Horn

Newly Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by nonbox:
I believe a G1 that is cheaper and made of a light weight plastic will sell in large volumes.

Non flashlight junkies will buy a great deal of them also.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Won't that make us less special then???
We'll be just like everybody else....

nonbox

Banned
K Horn, if you want to be special buy a M6. They are quite expensive and therefore very few will have them.