Arc LS question

Status
Not open for further replies.

tysonb

Newly Enlightened
Windsor, Canada - across from warzone D (Detroit)
I just received my Arc LS via fedex today, and was curious to know something.

It is inscribed:LSL-S 294

Does this mean that I got a second (from the -S)? I had purchased a LSL-NAT $65, not the second for $50.

Also, it is way more blue than the lsh-p that I have. Is this normal for a 'first'? The blue, and the -s lead me to believe that I received a second. If anyone can clear this up, I would appreciate it.

Again, Thanks,

Tyson

V

vlights

LSL-S= LS Low Dome Standard /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
-S denotes Standard
-P denotes Premium

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
You got an LS low-dome (S)tandard. You got what you ordered. Yep, the LSL is much bluer than the LSH. The amount of blueness really doesn't matter between the (S)tandard and the (P)remium. I can't stand blue, that's why I have all LSH (high-domes).

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
The LSL-S is for standard. The LSL-P is the premium. If you paid $65 you got a first, not a second. It's probably more blue because it is a standard. The premiums are brighter and whiter tint. Arc has a satisfaction guarantee and if you're not happy with it, you can contact them. Bear in mind that the -S probably allow more tint variation than the firsts, hence it is offered at a discounted price relative to the -P.

onelight

Enlightened
LSL-S = low dome standard and yes LDs tend to have more color than HDs /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I think the blue tint is kinda pretty.

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Man, I'm always too slow on the trigger /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

CM

JohnG

Enlightened
You have a low dome standard. Most low domes are either green tint or blue. Consider yourself lucky to get a blue one! White ones are quite rare.
Your LSH-P is a premium. In that case you paid a premium price for a premium Luxeon. The high domes are usually much whiter than the low. Plus that one was hand sorted to be among the whitest/brightest.

Lux_Luminous

Enlightened
Many people, myself included, prefer "bluish" rather
than "greenish" Luxeons. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Do you like the light?

How is the beam?

How is the HA finish?

If you aren't satisfied, send it back to Arc.
Arc makes an awesome light and they have fantastic
customer service!

"Lux" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

Dave Wright

Enlightened
I think they inscribe the lights before final inspection, which means that "S" couldn't mean "Second" because that would not have been determined yet. I was lucky enough to jump on the $75 LSH-S deal during the couple weeks it was available. It's my most white and even tint light, though not my brightest.

Anyone know of other manufacturers who use the high dome LS emitters? Is Peter really the only one? Mysterious, because it really appears to be superior to the low dome.

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Peter is the only one that uses high dome 1W as far as I know. The high domes are a PITA to center if using optics which is what most people use. My guess is that no one wants to bother with that extra complication so they take the path of least resistance. Peter's a fanatic (maybe lunatic /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif ) when it comes to flashlights so it's not surprising his lights have unique attributes. I'm just hoping his LS4 comes out real soon because I'm in a flashlight rut right now. Nothing really exciting going on.

CM

tysonb

Newly Enlightened
Windsor, Canada - across from warzone D (Detroit)
Hello,

Wow, thanks for all of the responses. I am happy with it, and when not comparing it side by side to the -p, high dome, I am quite happy with the light it produces.

Lux,
I love them both
beam is pretty good. very similar to the ARC LSH -p, not as white or tight (minimally)
the finish is just fine.

I also received another AAA, this time the CPF model. Very nice all the way around.

I can't wait for my McLux that Randy is building for me, and my l4 that I recently agreed to purchase.

Thanks for the input again, fellas.

Tyson

koala

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can also visit the Mod centre you know? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Vince.

Status
Not open for further replies.