• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Techjunkie's Super Lights sale *9 lights* *price reductions*

Techjunkie

Enlightened
in the brightly lit suburbs of NYC (Long Island)
Techjunkie's everything must go sale

As much as I love every one of my creations and I hate to part with them, I really need the cash - and not for building any more lights. I'm re-opening this old sale and reintroducing some lights for sale with significantly reduced prices and different cell offerings. Old text that is no longer relevant to this sale has been edited to light gray colored font and can be ignored for any reason other than historical reference.

Update: All previously withdrawn lights now available again.
I'm offering the following lights of mine, with cells included where indicated, for the prices shown below. All lights were modified by me personally. All have glass lenses. All have metal reflectors unless "Rebel Reflector" is noted. All include batteries unless noted otherwise.

international Shipping charges will be actual shipping cost WITH INSURANCE in addition to the prices shown below. I apologize for how much that will inflate international shipping costs - I know international first class would be MUCH cheaper. US Domestic shipping is free!

First I'll take 'em gets 'em. Better info and pics to follow. For now you can go by the build threads linked to the text beneath the titles that was copied and pasted from the post linked to as "my lights" in my signature.

PayPal to techjunkie [at] iname.com

Also, I have three two one sets (#A, #B, #C) of 1A per channel, 2 channel 18650 chargers available with custom battery cradles made from RadioShack battery holders for charging the AW26500 and IMR26650 cells. One charger with 4 cradles (2x26650, 2x26500) costs $14 $10 purchased separately, or 1 charger and 1 set of 4 cradles free with purchase of a light, while supplies last (charger only suitable for Li-Ion and IMR cells of 3.6-.3.8V nominal. conventional Li-Ion cells smaller than 18650 should not be charged with this charger).

#1: The EveryMan's Triple cool white XML Mag 2D, 3 modes H-M-L, with 3x AccuPower LSD NiMH C cells: $200 Sold
Mag 2D Blue, 3x XM-L @ 2.8A, Cu PES-D, Tri-optic___| DX 1916 optic, 3x AccuPower NiMH LSD C-cells, 3-mode 3x 2.8A regulators

#2: Triple 4500K SST-50 Mag 2D, 4.2A regulated, 3 modes H-M-L, with 3x AW IMR26500: $175 ! $250 OR $220 without the cells
Black Mag 2D Triple 4500K SST-50 SMO 3-mode 3*AWIMR26500

#3: Withdrawn Custom cut-down and bored Mag 1C with 5A forward click tailswitch, Rebel reflector, CREE XM-L, 4.4A 3-mode regulator, with BatterySpace 4AH IMR26650: $150, without BatterySpace 4AH IMR26650: $140
Mag1C SST-50 deep SMO homemade 1x26650 cut-down thrower, 3A KD V2 HML + 1.4A salve XM-L
*See pics in post below for full disclosure of tailclicky cosmetic imperfections

#4: Lil Giant Lathe-cut and rethreadded Mag 1C with 3x NW MC-E @ 2.8A each, 3-mode H/M/L, with AW IMR26500: $200
Lil Giant: custom Mag 1C, 3X MCE NW, 1xIMR26500, 3-mode HML

#5: The Bruiser* - Mag 4D hotwire with Kiu socket, honed and modded to hold 20AA cells in series, 20 Titanium PowerMax 1800 AAs no cells included: $125 $100 $75 $50! SOLD!
____*light has nicks and scratches and cell shrink nicks have been covered with kapton tape, cells are OLD. This was my 2nd CPF mod ever! Check out the video linked in post #4 below (beamshot post) for more information on this classic and unique hotwire.
The Bruiser: Mag 4D, 20 Titanium Powermax 1800 AA

**NEW NOTES ON THIS LIGHT: Whilst showing it off on Christmas Eve, even my wife noted that it didn't seem as powerful as it used to be. It appears that at lest one of the batteries has increased internal resistance. I just tried out the following two bulbs, neither of which popped, but should have, even with the cells partially depleted:
Bruisertesting-batteryresistanceandotherbulbs.jpg

Not only did the 15V 150 bulb on the right not pop
, it was a slow start and not that white. The 12v 50W 20hr bulb on the other hand looked brilliant! Super bright, super white and gave off serious heat.
I am now issuing this disclaimer: The cells included with this light are good for running the 12V bulb mentioned above, which will be included with the light, as will all the bulbs mentioned below, and additionally 3 Hikari 12v35W bulbs (one installed). I find the Hikari 12v35W to be the best match for this light as it is now, using the included cells. Perhaps other 12V bulbs might also be good matches for the included cells, but I have no intention of testing any others. For full performance of the other included bulbs, replacement of one or more cells will be necessary. I'm open to suggestion on how to test cell individual cell resistance on each of the 20 cells. For best/original performance of this light, all the batteries should be replaced - that's too expensive for me for a light that I don't use, which is why I'm selling it.

Other bulbs included for your experimentation or other projects (total of eight including the four mentioned above):
3x Hikari 12V 35W bulbs (one installed)
1x Osram 64440s 50w bulb, overdrives to perhaps ~80W on the included cells and up to 125W on newer cells
2x Osram 64640 150W 24V (I don't recall if this can be focused in the Bruiser and still have the head screwed on past the neck gasket)
1x Osram 64655 250W 24V (This will not fit in the opening of the reflector provided with the light)

#6: Black Mag 2C, glass, aluminum MOP reflector with 26mm brass base, Neutral White MC-E 4B tint on SERIAL board, 800mA per die (think 3.2A, but MCE done right, not as 4P), NO DONUT! 5-mode, will run on any 2 Li chem cells of 18650 or 25500 size.
(If you want the tailcap bored to 23mm wide for 2x22600/22650 cells, add $5, if you want the body honed to fit AW IMR26500 cells, add $15.)
$65 With 2x 25500 LiFEPO4 cells (3.0V) $50 | With 2x 18650 cells (3.7v): $45 | Without any cells: $40

#7: Silver Mag 2C (somewhat rare), SST-50 4500K, Rebel reflector, max 8.4V in, single mode, will take any two 3.0V or 3.6V cells of sizes 18650/22600/22650/25500/26500. This one's an ugly duckling - it has marks etched into the head and neck at the joint has been epoxied on purpose at a crooked angle to compensate for heatsink leveling (or lack thereof) and absolutely perfect the focus. This will be detailed in pictures below. Price WITHOUT CELLS: $70 With 2x IMR 22650 cells $60 | With 2x Li-Ion 18650 cells: $55 | Without any cells $50
Silver Mag 2C SST-50 thrower Cu HS, SST-50 4500K N3 GH400 LED, 2*DX20330, Mag Rebel reflector, 2*Li-IonSOLD

#8: Bigger Red - Mag 2D, FM Throwmaster, BL SST90 heatsink, 4500K SST-90, battery sleeve, 3x AccuPower Evolution LSD NiMH C-Cells included: $300 $275 $200! (That's less than the cost of the parts.)
Mag 2D (LED) SST-90 4500K P4, was SST-90 Aspheric, now is Bigger Red w/reamed Throwmaster

#9: Rare 3AA Side switch light modded with XM-L, SMO, Glass, 2-mode H/L 2.8A regulator, 3x Duraloop AA (Jpn Wht top): $65 or $55 without cells
Led Wholesalers 7224bk 3AA CREE light______________| Amazon modded to XM-L, metal SMO, glass, 3AA carrier upg.(With very little effort and possibly not more than rolled paper, an AW IMR26500 could be used in this light instead of the 3AA carrier. Similarly, an 18650 could be used by removing the tailspring and placing a small contact in place of it so the cell may sit inside the spring cavity. With a lathe, the spring cavity could be bored out to 27mm and then a 26650 cell could be used the same way. If no-one buys this light soon, I might just do it myself ;)

th_CompletedlightwithV8drop-in.jpg
#10: Mag 2D, modded to fit Deep SMO XML drop-in, sleeve + tailcap + spring mods for 2x26650 cells, glass lens. With 2x26650 eOne Moli IMR cells: $75
Mag 2D modded for/with deep SMO XM-L drop-in and 2*26650 cells

Full size pics moved to post #5 below. Some beamshots are in post #4, but it's getting hard to keep updating multiple posts with every light I add to this thread. Please refer to the build-log posts linked to beneath each light above for more/important details. They usually have beamshots too.

Thanks for looking, and please come back often to look for additions. There's likely more to come. Also, if you see something in the "my lights" link in my sig that isn't listed above, feel free to ask. I'm in a crazy mood that won't last!

Last edited:

hron61

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Techjunkie's Super Lights sale (aka: before I come to my senses)

wow, great sale. i would love to have first dibs on one of the sst 90 ashperical mags if you decide to sell one. (preferably the 9a one) of course depending on price.

Last edited:

Techjunkie

Enlightened

First come, first serve - charger and cradle set free with any light, while they last. (Charger not compatible with NiMH or LiFePO4 batteries).

Also, here's some beamshots. All taken on the same night with the same camera settings. Camera set to 1/10sec F3.5 ISO200 WB5200K to demonstrate shape of hotspot. To the human eye, the room is very well lit by the spill of all these lights, contrary to how dim the spill may appear at these settings.

Control Shot: Typical CREE XR-E R2 driven at 1A in a small SMO reflector:
CREEXRER21A18mmSMO.jpg

Control Shot #2: New STOCK Mag 2D LED (CREE XPE version with deep SMO reflector same as "Rebel" reflector)
Mag2DLEDstockCREEXPE.jpg

#1 Blue Mag 2D Triple cool white XM-L:
Mag2DCW3xXML.jpg

#2 Black Mag 2D Triple neutral white SST-50:
Mag2DNW3xSST50.jpg

#3 Mag 1C XML @ 4.2A in Rebel Reflector:
Beamshot pending (need to take one at same location & camera settings). For other shots, see threads linked above.

#4 Lil Giant beamshot
02LilGiant3NWMCEMOPTriflector.jpg

#5 Bruiser beamshot 1 - worn cells and Osram 64440 not driven to max. Other beamshots of better driven bulbs to follow
TheBruiser.jpg

Bruiser Demo Video (demonstrates cell installation and outdoor use with not fully driven 64440s):

#6 Mag 2C NW MCE beamshot
Mag2CNWMCE.jpg

#7 Silver Mag 2C Neutral White SST-50 with Rebel reflector
Mag2CNWSST50.jpg

Last edited:

Techjunkie

Enlightened

Full size pics relocated from OP:

Here's a pic of a charger with cradle set (I have 3, #A, #B, C#):
Chargerwithcradles.jpg

Here's a pic of #1 and #2:
2Dtriples.jpg

Here's a pic of #3, the custom cut-down Mag 1C with XML @ 4.2A, rebel reflector and 5A fwd tailclickie:
Mag1CwithBatterySpaceIMR26650.jpg

For full disclosure, here's a closeup of the cosmetic imperfections of the homemade tailclickie (scars on the rubber boot hole it protrudes through). I felt as though the first GITD boot I used was too difficult to use one handed and opted for this larger, imperfect black boot for easier operation. I actually prefer the appearance. To me, on Mags, black boots look stock, GITD just look wrong on them:
Mag1Ccustomtailclickieimperfections.jpg

#4, The Lil Giant:
LilGiantangle.jpg

#3 on the left, #4 on the right in the next two pics:
Mag1Csfront.jpg

Mag1Csswitches.jpg

Here's some pics of #5, the Bruiser, detailing all nicks:

nicksonthebruiser.jpg

TheBruiserside.jpg

TheBruiserface.jpg

Here's a pic of #6, Mag 2C NW MCE:
2CNWMCE.jpg

Pics of #7 (ugly duckling Silver Mag 2C neutral white SST-50 ):
Etching at head and neck, epoxy at neck, glow ring at bezel for spacing
2CSST50marksandepoxy.jpg

Head fixed permanently at slight angle for focusing reasons / tailcap bored 23mm wide to bottom for 2x22650IMR if desired
2CSST50crooked.jpg
2CSST502x22650boredtailcap.jpg

#7 and #6 together:
2Csingles.jpg

Here's #8: Bigger Red SST-90 4500K in reamed ThrowMaster:
BiggerRed.jpg

#9, The 2-mode with memory, 2.8A regulated 3AA side-switch light with metal SMO reflector and glass lens:
LW7224BK3AAlightangle.jpg

Last edited:

Techjunkie

Enlightened

Got it, thanks. I'll pack the light up tomorrow and bring it to the post office to ship it via Express Mail International to Indonesia with insurance, on Friday or Saturday. Please tell me if you want the Li-Ion charger that you're entitled to. This light uses NiMH batteries and the charger has a US plug, so if you have no use for it, please leave it for someone who does (and save yourself the extra customs charges if that applies). Thanks.

hron61

Flashlight Enthusiast

pm inbound about #6 mc-e light

pauljohan

Newly Enlightened

Got it, thanks. I'll pack the light up tomorrow and bring it to the post office to ship it via Express Mail International to Indonesia with insurance, on Friday or Saturday. Please tell me if you want the Li-Ion charger that you're entitled to. This light uses NiMH batteries and the charger has a US plug, so if you have no use for it, please leave it for someone who does (and save yourself the extra customs charges if that applies). Thanks.
I have dozen AW Li-Ion here :)

Techjunkie

Enlightened

PaulJohan,

Everything's packaged up and the Express Mail International label with insurance has been purchased and printed, and I have a carrier pickup scheduled for tomorrow. If you would also please reply to my last PM anyway, I'd really appreciate the peace of mind. Thanks.

pauljohan

Newly Enlightened

PaulJohan,

Everything's packaged up and the Express Mail International label with insurance has been purchased and printed, and I have a carrier pickup scheduled for tomorrow. If you would also please reply to my last PM anyway, I'd really appreciate the peace of mind. Thanks.
pm reply