What made you try/want a different brand of light.

Johnbeck180

Enlightened
Been into flashlight for a little while know, and I'm sure like so many other on here when you first find you have a thing for light, you find a brand you like and stick with it for a while. The first lights I bought were eagletac.

So, me and my dad do construction work, we went today to look at a guys roof that was leaking today, naturally being the home owner he had to get in the attic with us to show us where the leak was. When we were in the attic I saw the owner fumbling in his pocket for something. He pulled out a small light. I thought to myself ( looks like I'm going to have to get my light out) i thought it might be one of those small gas station 9 led lights, but to my surprise when he turned it on it was very bright!!! Instantly I new it was a quality LED light. We found the leak and when we got down I ask him if I could see his light. It was a Fenix PD20....... I want one!!!!!!!

I think I might try out some Fenix lights.

Jackasper

Enlightened
Fenix lights are great. They must have 50 or more models to chose from. I think i've picked up 18 or so along the way. I'd be willing to bet that they are hands down the most popular (non American made) light manufacturer to date. Wild guess on my part. As for me, I started out stuck on 4Sevens' line of Quarks. I must have tried about 6 or 7 of them before I explored another brand. In fact I think it was Fenix. Then Eagletac, Jetbeam, Surefire and so on.

Helmut.G

Enlightened
Fenix were the first lights I bought.

P3D, L0D and L2D first, and a T1 when it was released.

Reading reviews on CPF is what later made me want other brands' lights, too.

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had a (Fenix) Civictor V1 twisty 1AA Luxeon light. It is 1/2 inch shorter than the lights with a click switch.
When LEDs became more powerful Fenix never upgraded the Civictor.

I got a Nitecore EZAA 2 mode torch. (A cool and a neutral version)
But it was hard to get to the high mode. Have to screw the bezel in against a fairly stiff rubber ring.

I got a 4sevens Quark MiNi AA. (actually a neutral and a WARMS version)
But it starts out in low. My most used level is medium.

I am still looking.

Latest posts