My New Surefire LX2

brighasday

Newly Enlightened
I know everybody already knows what this light looks like but I just received it today, so I'm a bit excited. :thumbsup: Just some quick pics:

Surefire LX2
(excuse the mess in the background)

In this picture you can see what looks like "freckles" in the natural HA. I have other natural HA lights, though none Surefire, without a hint of "freckling". It doesn't bother me in the least, though. I even like the famous Surefire color dissimilarity.

Rough beamshot

Well, this is what you get when you toss a total amateur a Canon 7D!:eek:

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice light! Nice photos. Good luck with it. I am sure it will be good for you. The beam shot looks good. :thumbsup:

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
still one of the best production lights...

i sold mine awhile back, and would very much like to get another someday.

Kestrel

Flashaholic
Hello brightasday, welcome to CPF. :wave:
Looks like a very good start. :)

Edit: Wait, what? Joined in September 2008 and this is your first post? Get busy man! LOL

Hertao

Newly Enlightened
I can't imagine you not loving it. The LX2 is my favorite light of all time. In my opinion you just can't find a better combination of size, carry configurations, durability, design, EXTREMELY bright beam due to both the lumens and the TIR lens, the unbeatable UI, and the combination of the low and high beams. I have yet to find another EDC light that comes close.

arnold ziffle

Newly Enlightened
my favorite light as well. dont forget the water bottle diffuser. the only one thatll stay put.
d2416c69.jpg

brighasday

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the warm welcome guys! As you can tell I've been lurking WAY back in the shadows (are there shadows in CPF?:)). I have a 6PL Defender on my AR and it has performed admirably, so I figured why not try one of Surefire's top end offerings. I plan on getting some good RCR123's and feasting on the guilt-free lumens.

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congrats! Awesome light, and one that I EDC on regular basis for a "just in case" light. Glad I had it on me more than once.