Zebralight SC51f thread - the floody Zebralight

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
Not much about this and it's far too important of a light to ignore!

I'll get the thread open and hope some owner pics will show up - beamshots anyone?

chaoss

Enlightened
+1, my SC51fw is the most used (indoors) light that i have.
The nice warm 6 level 'glow' that it produces is hard to beat and the frosted lens reduces any glare when used as a candle below eye level. I do wish it had a lower low but not an issue really.
This light has replaced my McGizmo high cri mule as the go to tool for softly lighting up a dark room or searching out items in darker areas of the house.
Love mine and they do not seem to get much love here on the forums?

Edited to add: Beamshots from this one would be difficult to capture because (imo) there is no definite hot spot/spill.

Last edited:

Jrubin

Newly Enlightened
kaichu dento said:
Not much about this and it's far too important of a light to ignore!

I'll get the thread open and hope some owner pics will show up - beamshots anyone?

Thanks I am really interested in this as well. I think I just need to buy and get it over with ;)

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
+1, my SC51fw is the most used (indoors) light that i have.
The nice warm 6 level 'glow' that it produces is hard to beat and the frosted lens reduces any glare when used as a candle below eye level. I do wish it had a lower low but not an issue really.
This light has replaced my McGizmo high cri mule as the go to tool for softly lighting up a dark room or searching out items in darker areas of the house.
Love mine and they do not seem to get much love here on the forums?

Edited to add: Beamshots from this one would be difficult to capture because (imo) there is no definite hot spot/spill.
Could you try again and just make one shot of no light, then one with. You can take the beamshot first, with a locked shutter and the second no light shot will get the same amount of open shutter.

I was immediately curious when I found mention of this light the other day, but your post has me all but sold on getting one.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
Thanks I am really interested in this as well. I think I just need to buy and get it over with ;)
That's how I'm feeling too! Should be a great light for working on the car, labeling customers suitcases and anytime you want to flood a room with lighting that doesn't force your eye to follow the hot spot.

hazna

Enlightened
I had a h51f, ended up selling it, as I decide I wanted something with pure flood. Patiently (trying to) awaiting the h502 to come out.