DREAM FLASHLIGHT VACATION

jax

Newly Enlightened
If you could go on a trip that revolved around getting the chance to use your favorite flashlight/flashlights,where would it be,and why did you choose the location?
and what is the flashlight/flashlights that you would bring?

it could be a flashlight/flashlights you dont actually own,or one that you do already own.
and you could mention several places you would like to go adventuring or camping with a flashlight that you would love to put through its paces,also might be cool if you mentioned what it is about the flashlight you chose that makes you so excited to use it.

for me,i would like to go to the desert (one without venomous snakes and scorpions and spiders)with my dog and a girlfriend,and stay in a big nice tent (with a huge cooler full of ice cold drinks)
at night in the tent we could snuggle up under my nice warm beamed neutron 1c hanging from the tent ceiling.we would do some night walking with powerful floody neutral tint lights,i would use my m2xc4(awesome tint neutral) with defuser,for around the camp use.for night walks we would each have polarion lights one with a defuser on and one in spot mode.
it would also be neat if we had a surefire coverted to DEFT EDC LR to try it out.
we would also both have a small EDC style light in our back packs along with a many cr123's to power them up,maybe a zebralight or a xp-g r4 quark for this.also my TK 11 would reside in a backpack pocket in honour and tribute for being my first high powered tactical light,as well as having a 14hr runtime on 60lm and 2.7hr runtime at 265 lm,and being tough as nails to boot.
i chose the desert because i have never been there,its big sky country,beautiful big blue sky's,interesting rock formations,and mountains nearby,desert plant life and tree's,and green belts following the rivers.seeing as it is the desert we would chose a time of year when the heat is more managable to a canadian north man,his woman and his dog.

Last edited:

yifu

Enlightened
It would be in the mountains and just two lights- a 40 million lux Nitesun SX16 (cant afford since it's >10K dollars) for spotting mountains miles away and a SC600 for close range floodlight.

H. neanderthalensis

Newly Enlightened
Exploring inside the pyramids at Giza. That or a week inside the International Space Station. Flashlight of choice would be my Surefire U2

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast

01xr650r

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Cataract, I think you just made my day! That was quite the read, sounds like you like flashlights and know how to have fun!

Burgess

Flashaholic
Interesting post here !

Myself, i would be more interested being INSIDE a building.

Someplace not normally accessible to the public.

. . . . at least while the lights are Turned Off ! :whistle:

I understand they sometimes offer this sort of thing at the Winchester House.

A big Museum would certainly be interesting, also.

All by the illumination of yer' own flashlight(s) !

Would sure be a great CPF get-together, eh ?

:)

jax

Newly Enlightened
yah that would be cool...a big museum or big neat building!! that would be fun!

Interesting post here !

Myself, i would be more interested being INSIDE a building.

Someplace not normally accessible to the public.

. . . . at least while the lights are Turned Off ! :whistle:

I understand they sometimes offer this sort of thing at the Winchester House.

A big Museum would certainly be interesting, also.

All by the illumination of yer' own flashlight(s) !

Would sure be a great CPF get-together, eh ?

:)

jax

Newly Enlightened
I already do that once or twice a year:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...-2.-(Beam-shot-comparisons-at-a-mile-distance)

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...Of-Strobes-quot-Combat-Simulation-quot-Report

I also go camping a whole week in the summer and usually have a good part of my collection with me. When time permits I usually go on a short hike at least once at night during those trips.

nice thanks for posting and sharing! i like the malkoff beam shots you took,looks good!