Just got my first light, I am in love!

Awashi

Newly Enlightened
So I recently joined CPF and made a post asking for recommendations here. http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...n-light-for-walking-through-woods-in-the-dark.

I bought the Olight M20S-X and it arrived yesterday. I am amazed at the level of quality and design that has gone into it. It is truly a thing of beauty. My cheapie led from the local tool shop can't even keep up with the lowest setting! On high, it literally lights up my whole room. I wish the tint was slightly warmer as I will be carrying it to get me through dark woods as per my original thread, but medium and high are quite a pure white and in a couple of hours I will see how well it performs this task.

Next on the shopping list are the Zebralight SC600W (when the production issues are fixed) and maybe a Malkoff M61W and host!

I can totally see how easy it is to become a flashoholic!

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome Awashi...that "first time" is pretty awesome...and, well, it's all down hill from there...for your wallet anyways! Might own an O-light one day...when my Surefires start breaking...LOL! Welcome to CPF!

Harry999

Enlightened
Awashi,

I was reading that original thread and now I can see the magic of CPF working on you. You are now a flashaholic! Now you need to consider what small back up AA or AAA light you might get as well as the S600w when you are ready. :)

Welcome to CPF.

LGT

Enlightened
Good luck on your CPF journey Awashi. Before I came here, I'd already bought about fifteen LED lights from HDS,jetbeam,nitecore,Eagletac,surefire to name just a few. But in regards to the ZL SC600w, those only run on 18650 rechargable batteries. Not only does this increase your cost, but you you should do alot of research on proper use of these batteries. All of which can be found on this forum.

yifu

Enlightened
Good luck on your CPF journey Awashi. Before I came here, I'd already bought about fifteen LED lights from HDS,jetbeam,nitecore,Eagletac,surefire to name just a few. But in regards to the ZL SC600w, those only run on 18650 rechargable batteries. Not only does this increase your cost, but you you should do alot of research on proper use of these batteries. All of which can be found on this forum.
Welcome to cpf! Ehmm, he's already got a Olight M20x as his first light so doesn't getting 18650s REDUCE the cost instead of increasing it, considering the prices of CR123 primaries these days?

eai2l

Newly Enlightened
I imagine you shopped around before making your first big purchase, find a good deal?

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
So I recently joined CPF and made a post asking for recommendations here. http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...n-light-for-walking-through-woods-in-the-dark.

I bought the Olight M20S-X and it arrived yesterday. I am amazed at the level of quality and design that has gone into it. It is truly a thing of beauty. My cheapie led from the local tool shop can't even keep up with the lowest setting! On high, it literally lights up my whole room. I wish the tint was slightly warmer as I will be carrying it to get me through dark woods as per my original thread, but medium and high are quite a pure white and in a couple of hours I will see how well it performs this task.

Next on the shopping list are the Zebralight SC600W (when the production issues are fixed) and maybe a Malkoff M61W and host!

I can totally see how easy it is to become a flashoholic!

Love a good woman,may work out better on your wallet