E1E with clickie tail switch!

kodiak

Enlightened
I went to Ganders to look at an E1e to buy. I want the 5 watter to put on it. I ask to look at the display E1e and was surprised to find a clickie on it. Right away I said I'd take one! He gave me a boxed one. Always a cynic, I asked he open the box and sure enough it was not a clickie. I said, " You could just switch lights." He said, "Are the switches interchangeable?" I said, "Yes they are." And he did. Do they come with a clickie now? I did not know that. I'm a happy camper!

FNG

Enlightened
Theyre supposed to be phasing in the clickie switches. I ordered a E2e from TTS the other day and forgot to ask them what came with mine.

Droffen

Newly Enlightened
I got also a new E1e with clickie 2 weeks ago here in Germany.

Droffen

Jason Burns

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
FNG said:
Theyre supposed to be phasing in the clickie switches.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think that was the original plan but a dealer here on CPF spoke to Surefire and that was no longer the plan. That was about a 6-7 weeks ago when he told me.

Raindrop

Enlightened
I just got one of the E1E Black HA and it came with the standard LOTC. IF they were going to phase in the switch you would think the newest iteration would come with the Z57.

oldgrandpajack

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Raindrop said:
I just got one of the E1E Black HA and it came with the standard LOTC. IF they were going to phase in the switch you would think the newest iteration would come with the Z57.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is the tail cap HA-BK or the regular black like on the E2-BK?

I saw a photo of the E1E-HA-BK on a dealer's site and it appeared that the tail cap didn't match the body. It looked shiny. Maybe it was just the photo.

Thanks,
oldgrandpajack

Raindrop

Enlightened
To answer both questions, I can't see a difference between the body and the switch so I assume it is HA as well. The bezel is scalloped as in the newest iteration. I am going to set it up with a McLux PR 1w BB600 setup anyway so I really wanted it for the body and switch.

~Greg