Help choosing/building my p60 xm-l drop-in

pomp92

Newly Enlightened
Hy guys,
I've some questions for you.. :confused:

I am going to build a new Solarforce Flashlight (L2T head - L2P body - S9 switch + reverse switch).
I'd like a xm-l drop-in.
I need 3 modes, high-medium-low, with memory function.
In high I was thinking something around 1.5A, thus providing a good battery life but also about 3/400 OTF lumen!
And finnaly I want a smooth reflector.

Any suggestion?
What drop-in do you recommend? Or tell me what I should get (and where to buy please..) for bulid my own p60 module.

thank you so much :)lovecpf

Last edited:

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've used this driver for some of the XP-G based builds I've done.

It's a 3-mode (L, M, H) with a maximum 1.4A output which is close to what you want.

Can be powered by a single 18650 cell, or a pair of CR123A primary cells.

pomp92

Newly Enlightened
Thanks guys ;)
I thing I'll buy a low amp (1.4A) and a high amp (2.8) drivers. I use mainly 18650 cells (Sanyo 2600 unproteceted).
So you suggest to buy a finished xml drop in with smooth reflector and switch the driver (which drop-in?) or to buy all parts and mount them together?
Maybe I can pay a bit more for a high quality empty drop in (all stainless steel, better construction...) but I haven't seen it jet.
Thanks and sorry form my english, I'm from Italy... :)

LilKevin715

Enlightened
Since you are going to be using a single li-ion battery a driver based on AMC7135 linear regulators like the one linked by Black Rose will work good. I'd recommend buying the cheapest solarforce XM-L module and swap the driver out with the one linked above.

Greg G

Enlightened
I've used the ShiningBeam 2.8 amp 3-mode drivers on several single 18650 builds so far. They work great. I also bought the neutral XM-L's from them too. Nice tint.

The XM-L's work good for me with smooth reflector. A few rings but nothing you notice in use. I took one with me hunting a few weeks ago and it really lights up the woods when I'm walking back in the evening.