P60 type reflector for XM-L LED?

Stephen Wallace

Enlightened
I've been looking at some of the common free shipping dealers (KD, DX etc.) for P60 reflectors to fit XM-L LEDs. I've found reflectors stating that they are intended for use with XP-Gs, others marked for XR-Es, and so on, but not had much luck finding any that say that they are optimised (or even suitable) for XM-Ls.

I just wondered if anyone had the SKUs for P60 reflectors that they have found to be a good match with the XM-L?

Many thanks
Stephen

Last edited:

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
wish i could help you...I am searching for the same...

Do not buy that general purpose reflector from Manfont. I did and it sucks. Currently my sourse is the Ultafire 3-mode XML T5 module that comes with 2 reflectors (SMO & OP). Boy! this reflector ROCKS

Stephen Wallace

Enlightened
LilKevin,

I had been wondering about Solarforce, as I was aware that they sold various parts of their lights as spares, but wasn't sure if that extended as far as reflectors, rather than complete light engines. I shall definitely look them up.

Thanks
Stephen

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
one more tip stemming from my experience....unless you want special LED bins etc it si not economical to purchase module aprts seperately....buy the moduel and change the driver (I do not liek ANY XML P60 moduel driver).
this is precisely what I am doing with my XPG modules...I very much liek the solarfoce module Smooth XPG reflector

Now if you look at the soalrforce-sales website you will see 2 different types of reflectors. The ones with a rim around the LED (the silver stickered oens, possible solarforce fakes) and the ones without (the ones with the colored sticker). I woudl opt for the latter

Last edited:

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
how stupid can i BE?

dereelight can sell you reflectors, I have bought from them. But you will see a wider beam from their XML reflector and soemtimes there may be compatibility issues with the generic P60 modules. (it ahs to do how much the reflector screws down in relation with the led. I ahe to file soem of my modules rim (around the LED) for the reflector to screw down enough to focus.