Anyone else miss their ARC 6?

chaoss

Enlightened
I know the company had major C.S. issues but dang that was a nice light.
It was like a McGizmo PD (discontinued) only a tad smaller and had user adjustable levels with a bonus third stage.
Beautifully crafted, flawless beam, titanium clip and did i say it was small?
Yeah, i know the runtimes were dismal on the higher levels and heat management was not the greatest but all in all it was a great light.
Almost the perfect EDC, almost!!

No sense living in the past but thought i would mention it anyway.

carrot

Flashaholic
I traded mine away. Every so often I have a twinge of regret because the driver was sweet for anyone who wanted to push some LEDs pretty hard in a small package. Mine had no QC issues and was actually pretty nice. Essentially the experimental, production McLux PD that never really had a chance.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
I really thought they were great lights but the sharp edges, high pressure required to press were part of why I let my last one go. I miss it, but will probably not replace it.

Sure did love the simple three levels and a couple of tweeks could easily have made it a light I would never have let go of.

NoFair

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine (with a neutral xp-g) is still my favorite EDC. No QC issues with mine.

Considering putting a XM-L in there when high CRI ones are available.

Very very close to the perfect EDC light IMNSHO :thumbsup:

I think some of the heat/efficiency issues were from overdriving a Seoul pretty heavily. Putting a xp-g in there made a huge improvement.

If they still made it using XM-Ls it would be a wonderful light.

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, I miss mine. Had it modded with an XPG R4 and it was sweet. Hadn't settled down on what I really liked back then, and hindsight is 20/20, but if I had it to do all over again, I'd still have it!

MY

Enlightened
Given that I have about every ARC light ever produced purchased first hand, my ARC has a special place in history. I am tempted though to put a XML in it given that it can drive the emitter pretty hard. I would love to hear from others who had their emitter replaced with a XML to share their story.

Regards

S1LVA

Enlightened
Who can do mods on these lights? I just scored one. A neutral XM-L or Hi CRI XP-G would be sweeeet.

S1LVA

bansuri

Enlightened
I'm relatively new to the kind of flashlights we all use here so I missed out on them. Was probably still thinking about which DX light to buy when they pulled the plug on it. Finally read about them and was saddened they were no longer being produced.

blackbalsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think i would really miss mine (i have a stock one and a modded one) The stock one purchased from Toby and a modded neutral tint xp-g from Teckno Cowboy (a favorite of mine and often carried EDC) I think i'll hang on to mine....Robert.