Got my jetbeam bc10 last friday

Juan334

Newly Enlightened
And I love it never going to cheap lights again its brighter than my 502b xpg r5 this light idle amazing

Does anyone recommend any primary rechargeables?

1st pic is 502b on left and bc10 on right with 16340
c6e4eb9f-e6e5-5305.jpg

Next same order but on surefire cr123
c6e4eb9f-e707-c1d7.jpg

Last edited:

swan

Banned
Gday Juan334, the bc series are great value and really deliver where it counts-high output. I really admire the simplicity and top build quality. I have the bc10 and the bc40 which have performed way beyond my initial expectations. Just for laughs i tried the aw rcr123 in the bc10 -wow, but heats up pretty quick and would exercise caution using it at max- 2mins a time.I mainly use primary cr123's as its plenty bright.

Racer

Enlightened
Does the clip reverse on the BC10? That was my only real gripe for the BA10 I had...

swan

Banned
Does the clip reverse on the BC10? That was my only real gripe for the BA10 I had...
Yes , it has 2 x recessed areas in the battery tube. I actually use the clip for my zebralight h31 which really fits well.

Juan334

Newly Enlightened
$15 18650 light which is bigger than this one and its not really edc able lol

I will also compare to my akoray k106 on 14500 and eneloops

c6e4e91c-1c1e-c276.jpg

Left is akoray on 14500 and the right is another akoray on eneloops, and the middle is the bc10

Last edited:

Pontiaker

Enlightened
Have had one as my EDC for awhile now, great output with a large spot that throws a bunch of light well and still great flood too. Hate the low setting and the UI but the way I use it its mostly just on high for a min or two. My low setting, by unscrewing the head a little, is not much lower than the high setting, pretty worthless. Cant wait to get my PC10 though!
Matt

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have had one as my EDC for awhile now, great output with a large spot that throws a bunch of light well and still great flood too. Hate the low setting and the UI but the way I use it its mostly just on high for a min or two. My low setting, by unscrewing the head a little, is not much lower than the high setting, pretty worthless. Cant wait to get my PC10 though!
Matt

You must be using RCR's. On a primary the 30/270lm is more noticeable than on an RCR 210/460lm

Danielight

Enlightened
When I ordered a flashlight for my wife and one for my daughter for Christmas, I ordered myself a BC10 :). I did like the light, but ended up having to send it back because the clicky tailswitch was hit-and-miss. Ended up replacing it with a Quark MiniX-123.

GordoJones88

Flashlight Enthusiast
what is the run time on rcr on high. Does it get very hot? is it rated for their use?

Here is the BC10 review thread.

UPDATE JUNE 7, 2011: A user has just reported a 12 min runtime on protected RCR on the BC10, indicating a 5C discharge rate. This is not safe for standard Li-ion chemistry, and should not be used. Only IMR cells can handle these sorts of discharge rates (but the lack of protection circuits means you have to be very careful not to run down the cells, or you will permanently damage them).

picture.php

picture.php

I just got the BC10 for $20 new shipped on a slow boat from China. :nana: