• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD: PhotonFanatic Tasklight Two, mint

fyrstormer

Banned
SOLD

I'm continuing the long, slow process of paring down my collection, and now it's my Tasklight Two's turn to find itself a new owner. This was one of the first lights I ever owned, purchased before I realized I could actually afford titanium, and PhotonFanatic's hand-machined textures are second to none -- but I have so many titanium lights that I can beat up without feeling bad, and this one just never gets any use. It's kinda odd, because I'm such a careful person, but flashlights are tools to me and I know I treat my tools like dirt, and this one deserves better than that.

CIMG4979a.png

CIMG4980a.png

As I recall, this light has a 3-mode (2 fixed, 1 programmable) fluPIC driver that can run on a 3V CR2 or a 4.2V RCR2, and the difference between the two is remarkable; the CR2 is good for close-up tasklighting, and I've used it for soldering work in the past, but with the RCR2 it produces a super-smooth wall of light that's perfect for evening walks in the dark on these short winter days. The tail end has a 1/4" camera mount, so it can be attached to a tripod or a GorillaPod or whatever else you can attach a 1/4" bolt to. (the bolt in the picture is not an example, I just had it handy to prop up the head of the light.)

These retail for $160, but since I've had the pleasure of admiring this one for a couple years, I'll let it go for $120 shipped USPS. (international shipping will cost a bit more.) As usual, first "I'll take it" gets it, and I prefer Paypal but I can accept other payment methods if necessary.

Last edited:

exquzmwa

Enlightened
Re: FS: PhotonFanatic Tasklight Two, mint

I have seriously been considering how I can pull this one off after what I've already done that has put me a bit behind the ball.... Someone wanna grab this and save me before I rationalize in my head how I can make this work? :) This is a beautiful light and looks in perfect condition. Time is growing short if you want this. I have a way about figuring out how to make purchases of hobby stuff work.....

Last edited:

S1LVA

Enlightened

That was fast! I saw your post and almost pulled the trigger ;)

Maybe next time!

S1LVA

exquzmwa

Enlightened

The ability to connect this to things like camera adapters and such to point it at what you are working on via the built-in threads is a cool thing to me. :)