Xeno e03 vs jetbeam ba10 vs others

celbii

Newly Enlightened
This thread is relvent to my interests as I am looking at the two lights OP talked about in title, so if anyone has any input please share:) I am leaning towards the Xeno e03, anyone know the best place to purchase it?

fvdk

Newly Enlightened
I do not have a Jetbeam but the Xeno E03 which I received last week is now one of my favorite EDC's.
The build quality is exceptional for such a cheap light and I have just ordered a red and a blue one as well.
I use it with 14500's and the output is simply amazing. At first I thought that I would not like the M-L-H sequence and the fact that it has no memory but now that I actually have it, it turns out that I like it very much. Normally, I like my lights to start in H which I use most of the time. The Xeno will always start in M but with 14500's this is comparable to H on my other EDC's (Incendio V3, Dereelight C2H, N-light B3).

I bought my first one from Tacticalhid and it was delivered to the Netherlands in a week. I ordered the two other ones on eBay from hkequipment as they are a bit cheaper and offer free shipping but they will likely take more time to arrive.

At the same time that I bought the Xeno, I also ordered a Quark 123 from 4Sevens and a WK21 Meteor from XTAR which both have not yet arrived. I think I will also like those but I doubt if I will prefer them over the Xeno.

Franshttp://myworld.ebay.com/hkequipmentnet/?_trksid=p4340.l2559

bbrins

Newly Enlightened
I have both the BA10 and E03, I personally prefer the BA10 because of the caveman simple interface, it is either on or off and hi or low, and it stays that way unless I make a deliberate action to twist the head. That said, the E03 is a pretty good little light for the money, bright as all get out on 14500's, but it heats up really quick on high. Mode switching is a little too easy for my liking, the switch on mine is way too sensative. Kudos to both for not loading the interface with strobes and flashing modes.

lautamas

Newly Enlightened
Consider Fenix in your list. Compared to those, Fenix has proven to be much reliable over the years. LD10 can take 14500 very well as well

jondotcom

Enlightened
I like my xenos a lot. I have gotten bored so will probably drill/tap and add a permanent clip to one of them.

the_guy_with_no_name

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the Xeno EO3 & the JB-BC10 (which is the same size as the BA10, with a different emitter).

Whilst I like the Xeno, and it does put out a lot of light (especially with a li-ion), I prefer the BC10 and rarely carry the Xeno.
The BC10 feels like its built more solidly and after several concrete drops, works perfectly.

The UI of the BC10 is also simple and I always know which mode I'm in.
With the Xeno, I need to click thru a few times to try and work out which mode I'm using.

The button on the Xeno is a reverse clicky and a little harder to activate as its flush with the tail.
The BC10's tail is slightly tapered making the button easier to press, with the added avantage of a forward clicky that has momentary-on if you just press it lightly.

The BC10 also comes with a clip in case you want to quickly snap it onto a pocket.
The Xeno just rolls around in a pocket.

I've had the clip of the BC10 come off more than once though and have been lucky not to lose it.
Luckily, I've always had a backup light to search for the clip and BC10 when that's happened.

The beam of the Xeno is definitely more floody with a softer hotspot.
If I had to choose one over the other, for me at least, it would be the BC10.

Hope that's some help.

JB-BC10andXENOEO3.jpg

tgwnn

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't forget the Balder SE-1, a 3-mode, no-strobe 1xAA/1x14500 light that's available with an XM-L for less than $25. At least one dealer even offers the XM-L version in optional NW (neutral white) tint.

bbrins

Newly Enlightened
The BC10 is a bit shorter than the BA10. Below is a picture to give you a size comparison of some of the lights mentioned in this thread, I just threw the Maratac in the picture because it was right next to me, not necessarily recommending it, I carried it for a couple of years before I grew tired of twisting through the modes. I don't use the clips to carry the lights, I just occasionally use them to clip the light to my hat when I need both hands free.

Maratac AA, Xeno E03, JetBeam BC10, JetBeam BA10
IMG_2108rs.jpg

the_guy_with_no_name

Flashlight Enthusiast
The BC10 is a bit shorter than the BA10. Below is a picture to give you a size comparison of some of the lights mentioned in this thread, I just threw the Maratac in the picture because it was right next to me, not necessarily recommending it, I carried it for a couple of years before I grew tired of twisting through the modes. I don't use the clips to carry the lights, I just occasionally use them to clip the light to my hat when I need both hands free.

Maratac AA, Xeno E03, JetBeam BC10, JetBeam BA10
IMG_2108rs.jpg

thanks for the correction :thumbsup:

tgwnn

srtbrazil

Newly Enlightened
I bought a Jetbeam BA10 and I´d like to know if it can handle 3,7V 14500. I also bought a Balder SE-1 XM-L but it didn´t arrive yet.

davyro

Enlightened
I have the Xeno EO3 & the JB-BC10 (which is the same size as the BA10, with a different emitter).

Whilst I like the Xeno, and it does put out a lot of light (especially with a li-ion), I prefer the BC10 and rarely carry the Xeno.
The BC10 feels like its built more solidly and after several concrete drops, works perfectly.

The UI of the BC10 is also simple and I always know which mode I'm in.
With the Xeno, I need to click thru a few times to try and work out which mode I'm using.

The button on the Xeno is a reverse clicky and a little harder to activate as its flush with the tail.
The BC10's tail is slightly tapered making the button easier to press, with the added avantage of a forward clicky that has momentary-on if you just press it lightly.

The BC10 also comes with a clip in case you want to quickly snap it onto a pocket.
The Xeno just rolls around in a pocket.

I've had the clip of the BC10 come off more than once though and have been lucky not to lose it.
Luckily, I've always had a backup light to search for the clip and BC10 when that's happened.

The beam of the Xeno is definitely more floody with a softer hotspot.
If I had to choose one over the other, for me at least, it would be the BC10.

Hope that's some help.

JB-BC10andXENOEO3.jpg

tgwnn

+1 on the guy with no names comment i have the Xeno 03 & a bc10 the jetbeam is a much better built light in my opinion & for me the Xeno is not great unless its got a 14500 li-ion then its very bright
but i'd still go for the bc10 nice & simple well built & at 270 lm its bright enough.

kkeyser

Newly Enlightened
I bought a Jetbeam BA10 and I´d like to know if it can handle 3,7V 14500. I also bought a Balder SE-1 XM-L but it didn´t arrive yet.

Yes it can, and it is noticeably brighter. Not sure how long it will last, but it did get warm in my hand...not too bad for short bursts.