Trustfire X9 or fenix tk41

john doe

Newly Enlightened
i been after a tk41 but my interest has been sparked recently when a x9 came up for sale so i started looking at these .

i have seen these(x9) rated at 585/880/1000 and even 1400 lumens .and i could not find a US seller on ebay at all. whats the scoop on these trustfire x9`s?

whats the real world lumens?

how does it compare to a tk41?

for under 40bucks from hong kong or china (shipping included)its hard to beat .seen some youtube vids and its right up there with the tk41 .

another thing i noticed is the x9 is priced anywhere from 37.99 up to 120.00.what gives?

thanks flashaholics

Last edited:

ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS

Enlightened
The Trustfire X9 is a decent thower. But it won't come close to 1000 lumens. The TK41 is what I would get.

john doe

Newly Enlightened
do you have a x9??it looks as though its a 50/50 chance you will get one that draws amps like it should .reports are good but yet sporadic. for the money it is very tempting .

i have been on a tk41 quest but now this x9 is tempting me .talk me down...lol...

iLoveLight

Newly Enlightened
do you have a x9??it looks as though its a 50/50 chance you will get one that draws amps like it should .reports are good but yet sporadic. for the money it is very tempting .

i have been on a tk41 quest but now this x9 is tempting me .talk me down...lol...

I was in the same situation as you were. I had to decide between the X9, 7G5 and TK41. I went for the TK41 in the end. It should be here by Christmas.
I decided against the X9 because of the driver lottery. I mean, the chances of you getting a well-driven one is unlikely. You can change the driver if you know how to. I didn't want to mess with that.
I almost got the 7G5, but I realized I wasn't ready to use multiple lithium ion cell lights...yet. I think the TK41 and 7G5 are both well-built, powerful lights though.

bedazzLED

Enlightened
I have both of these, and the X9 is definitely not 1000 lumens, even though it is quite bright. I would put it at 600-700 lumens. The TK41 has a tighter, brighter spot and quite easily out-throws the X9. It becomes noticeable even at a distance of 10 meters. Once you get to 50, 100 meters, the match is over, TK41 wins by a TKO-M-G.

john doe

Newly Enlightened
by xmas?did you buy out of HK/CHINA?
i have a wanted add up but so far nobody giving up their tk41`s .i can get one for 109.99 out of box with a set of batteries .or 119.00 new in box .just about 20bucks short in the paypal yet .

yeah the driver lottery on the x9 does worry me .with my luck i`d get a dud .thanks for jumping in .off to bed soon .thanks and catch ya round the forum.

john doe

Newly Enlightened
I have both of these, and the X9 is definitely not 1000 lumens, even though it is quite bright. I would put it at 600-700 lumens. The TK41 has a tighter, brighter spot and quite easily out-throws the X9. It becomes noticeable even at a distance of 10 meters. Once you get to 50, 100 meters, the match is over, TK41 wins by a TKO-M-G.

ah ,thats what i needed to hear !!

now i done all that x9 research in vain:mad:hours of it....lol.i do alot of homework before a buy .thanks guys.

iLoveLight

Newly Enlightened
by xmas?did you buy out of HK/CHINA?
i have a wanted add up but so far nobody giving up their tk41`s .i can get one for 109.99 out of box with a set of batteries .or 119.00 new in box .just about 20bucks short in the paypal yet .

yeah the driver lottery on the x9 does worry me .with my luck i`d get a dud .thanks for jumping in .off to bed soon .thanks and catch ya round the forum.

Yeah, I bought it from HKEquipment on Sunday. It's already been shipped out of Hong Kong, so here's hoping it'll pass through customs without issues and be under the Christmas tree soon. I paid 130 dollars and it comes with 8 Eneloops, so I'm pretty satisfied.

john doe

Newly Enlightened
ah ok. well i got a good load of new aa`s so i will just grab the light from a US dealer hopefully before xmas .the wife has been watching me research and watch vids and she`s like "what another light"how much this one gonna cost ?

i havent told her yet..haha.gnight guys i gotta get up early.

ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS

Enlightened

That was my point.

And if you want a super thrower buy you a Crelant 7G5.

john doe

Newly Enlightened
hey ilovelight,did you get your tk41? i did and it has some green tint around the hot spot that i am not crazy about .gets better on higher settings but against a white wall on any setting but turbo its quite noticeable.
goingear is giong to work with me on it once they get new stock in .

Latest posts