• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FOUND! Original CR2 Ion

nbp

Flashaholic
Hi Guys,

I am looking for a good deal on a Muyshondt Ion in good condition to compliment my Aeon. I would like an Al version to keep the price down, but I don't care too much about the color; I know they were offered in Natural, Black, Blue, Red, Green....missing any? Not too fussy about which one I get, so long as it is in good shape. Thanks for your help! :)

Last edited:

nbp

Flashaholic
Thanks Bill :)

It would seem people are not too eager to let these go. Must be worth having. But as I have said before, patience is a virtue and money talks. Someone will crack.

Apparently no one needs holiday money, eh? :poke:

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
Re: WTB: Original CR2 Ion

Keep an eye on the Market Place, I got a red Ion a few months ago. It was the Ion with the reflector, not the flood. Love it. I got it for a great price.

They pop up, you just have to check often.

Good luck,

NR

PS...This light is so cool, I keep it on dislay in our "Room of meomories," den, that has memorbelia from all the events we have covered or worked.

precisionworks

Flashaholic

I would probably let mine go to a good home. Please email so we can discuss.

b95b7715.jpg

34650081.jpg

5c9974a5.jpg

032c6022.jpg

099bf3c0.jpg

b97eeca8.jpg

Never carried, always kept in the safe. There is the tiniest of marks on the front of the bezel (look at the 3:30 position in the photo above). Most people would never see that but the macro lens shows everything ...

Last edited:

kaichu dento

Flashaholic

...I know they were offered in Natural, Black, Blue, Red, Green....missing any?
There was a batch of AlumiBronze made which I assume should show up from time to time, but mine is the only one I've actually seen any pictures of so far.

While I didn't like my Aeon because of the tint and beam pattern I immediately fell for the Ion on emotional points and I love the floody, cool beam coming out of the ancient looking bronze light.

nbp

Flashaholic
Hi Barry,

Thanks for the post. :) I will email you this afternoon when I get home from work. On my phone right now. I assume this is the floody version, correct?

EDIT:

Email sent!

Last edited:

archimedes

Flashaholic

Congrats, glad you found one of these little gems :twothumbs

@KD - I never knew about the AlumiBronze, pictures would be great !

Always nice to see a successful WTB thread :)

Cheers, all ....

nbp

Flashaholic
Thanks Don. :)

Now if I find a Nautilus and Mako some day I'll have the whole set from Enrique. :eek:oo:

kaichu dento

Flashaholic

Congrats, glad you found one of these little gems :twothumbs

@KD - I never knew about the AlumiBronze, pictures would be great !

Always nice to see a successful WTB thread :)

Cheers, all ....
P1060342.jpg

I'm really glad to see Nick get this light too, especially such an excellent specimen!

nbp

Flashaholic
Thanks for the comment Pete. The real cheer goes to PrecisionWorks for hooking me up. He was very pleasant to deal with, one of the good ones right there. :)

And great pic too!

nbp

Flashaholic
Barry, I received the Ion today, it looks exactly like the picture, just beautiful. Thank you! I am really excited to try this light out when it gets darker. I can already tell though that it has a really lovely flood beam; I likes it. :naughty: Would be a perfect little reading light, or road tripping in the car light. I've never really seen optics quite like this light has before.

I didn't realize that Enrique used the Photons Intl name when he made the Ion. I figured it was always Muyshondt. And also, the switching mechanism is slightly different. A little springy piston in the head rather than the curly spring that's in the Aeon. You learn something new every day. Anyways, it is a very cool little light. :thumbsup:

precisionworks

Flashaholic
I am happy that you're pleased with the Ion :)

didn't realize that Enrique used the Photons Intl name when he made the Ion
Muyshondt Enterprises, Inc.;aka Photons International, Inc. (from the Corporation Wiki site). It seems like the PI name was used on his early lights along with the Greek pi symbol. I agree totally about the beam, it is as beautiful and even as humanly possible.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic

Letting it go seemed like a good idea at the time, and later I realized what I really had, red and all. Maybe I will try and get another one, and red it should be. LOL.

Bill