Eagletac D25c mini vs 4Sevens Quark minix 123

John_Bowtell

Newly Enlightened
Who is the better thrower, better built,better quality, and longest runner on high mode ?
Reason for post is because im after the best smallest flashlight these guys are under 70mm!

Eagletac D25C - 70mm, 209 lumens, 1 hour on high

4Sevens Quark minix 123 - 58mm, 210 lumens, 1 hour on high

Last edited:

jcalvert

Enlightened
Who is the better thrower, better built,better quality, and longest runner on high mode ?
Reason for post is because im after the best smallest flashlight these guys are under 70mm!

Hi JB,

I cannot personally offer runtime stats, but since you provided manufacturer specs as being basically the same, I'll just add from my personal experience that the D25C offers greater lux (XPG-S2 vs. XM-L), and IMO definitely much better build quality.

All the best,
John

Surefyr

Newly Enlightened
The Quark website shows the Minix 123 as discontinued "This product is out of stock and cannot be back-ordered". Does it mean that they have a production backlog against orders OR have they discontinued the model and are improving upon the model? The light is a wonderful unit that uses one of the latest LED CREE XM-L T6. Does any one have any idea on this?

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast
I noticed this a few weeks ago as well. It appears that they have replaced it with a neutral-white version.

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast

better thrower: Eagtac XPG-S2
better built: Eagtac D25C
better quality: Eagtac D25C
longest runner on high-mode: all the same. the typical production light is designed in a such a way that with 1x cell you get about 60mins of runtime. if a driver can run for 120mins on high, then the driver is driven harder (BRIGHTER LIGHT, BETTER SALES!) such that you get again the magical 60mins of runtime. what is then advertised is the BRIGHTNESS and not the runtime.
shortest light: quark
higher attractivity and value: Eagtac D25C

rdrfronty

Enlightened
From personal experience with both, after doing a lot of comparisons between the two, inside and outside. IMO--
Better throw--Eagletac D25C
Better build quality--Quark MiniX 123
Better looking--Eagletac D25C
Better ruggedness--Quark MiniX 123
I feel the Quark Mini 123 with xpg is a closer match with the D25C since they would both have similar LED's and characteristics. The MiniX puts out more over-all light due to xml in a stubby design and the xpg model putting out about equal throw to the D25C. Another note, though minor, is the D25C does kick down about 20L after a few minutes when it comes off turbo. Not really enough to notice, but that puts it almost the same output as the Quark Mini 123 with Xpg.
The D25C is a great looking and great throwing stubbly little light. But I have had issues with mode changing with that model, bad enough that replacement was needed. With that in mind, along with the very sturdy feel of the Quark Mini's, I just feel they are the better light for everyday use. So I say get the go with the Mini 123 with xpg if you want good little light with a little more concentrated beam, or go with the MiniX 123 if you want a little more flood. The Eagletac D25C would still make a fine little light irregardless.

Last edited:

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
there must be one DECISIVE criterion why you would prefer one to the other.

to me, i draw long term JOY from the looks.

give the Quark to a friend, and then give the Eagtac to a friend, and then ask them to make a spontaneous decision re which one they LIKE better. there you have your answer.

you know, life is about LIKING things .. even if it doesnt make sense rationally.