Sunwayman M20A problem?

Mr_Moe

Newly Enlightened
Yesterday I got a Sunwayman M20A. Very nice light. I really like it. The only thing that makes me wonder is that it emits a strange humming sound when it's on low. It's not loud, actually you need to hold the light's head close to your ear to hear it clearly, but I am not sure if something like that's normal or whether that's a sign of a defect. The sound is quite high pitched and constant when the low mode is activated. The sound disappears when I switch the light to the higher modes. Unfortunately I'm not very knowledgeable about such things, so hopefully you can help me out here. Thanks in advance.

Sammy_boy

Newly Enlightened
Don't worry, its quite normal. My Nitecore EX11.2 does that as do other lights I have. It's called PWM i believe - though i can't remember what that stands for!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

kreisler

Banned
Last edited:

PerttiK

Enlightened
It does not matter if the led is driven with PWM or constant current.
The DC to DC step up part of the driver is of switched-mode power supply type (boost).
It works at a certain frequency that might cause a sound corresponding to the frequency used.

Mr_Moe

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the posts guys. The seller told me it would be no problem to return the light. Other than the sound it's a wonderful light. To my surprise I actually prefer it to 1 AA lights.

kreisler

Banned
why not return it and then get it cheaper from ch*na en directo? mwaharhahaa
just kiddin hehe *CYPM*

:devil:

Latest posts