TK35 diffuser options

Pacificwing

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

I have a TK35 which I would like to convert into a worklight. The insane amount of light this flashlight produces, along with the long life makes it ideal.

I've already figured out how to mount a portable magnetic armature onto the body, and make it stand upright. I've also found a discrete way of attaching a hook to the back, for hanging. Unfortunately, the beam is very directional and I would like to diffuse the light a little bit.

A "lampshade" cone would be ideal, but fenix doesn't make one for this model. Is anyone aware of an aftermarket cone or shade that would fit?

I tried cutting a pop bottle and wrapping it with diffuser tape, which produced the desired effect, but I'm looking for something a little less trashy.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
-PW

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
I built one for my spotlight that required the use of magnets. Unfortunately, I think the TK35 has little ferrous material in it. I suspect you could drop three or four holes, set a button-sized rare earth magnet in, and make a magnet-bearing diffuser sheet. That would give directional flood, but the same setup with a cone would give an all-around flood.

I haven't held a TK35, but I think that a press-fit white plastic cone could be made to pop into the bezel against the glass. The tolerances here could be tricky, but I've had good luck with cleverly cut ping-pong ball sections in a similar use (Pop a ping-pong dome in, but be sure to glue a handle onto the ball FIRST).