Anyone use a Catapult for EDC?....Or... L2T....Help me decide!

d.weglarz13

Enlightened
Hey guys. Im trying to decide now on getting either the Thrunite Catapult: I like the throw ALOT, but sux if its too big to do anything with. It would be for walking too, besides looking over mountains, and even some camping.
#2. Or, the SolorForce L2T with nailbender drop in.
#3. Third choice the L2T along with extra money for the masterpiece pro head.

I love the look of the cat, and i like the L2T for its looks also, so Im stuck as I only need one right now, but want the best of the two. SO, feel free to throw out opinions or ideas!Anyone else carry a Cat a lot? Is it too big for walking around with?

So, i really love THROW, (with least spill as possible) but also like to carry it on walks or on my belt. Any help swinging me one way or the other? Thanks for any ideas!
Dave

Last edited:

ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS

Enlightened
Re: Catapult too big for EDC? vs. L2T....Help me decide!

You can run the Catapult V3 on just 2 CR123A batteries if you wish by removing the extension tube. But I can tell you that the Olight M3X I got recently will out throw my Catapult V3 by quite a bit. I have a Crelant 7G5 coming that is supposed to be the king of XM-L led production throwers offered by a major manufacturer. We will see shortly how bad it is compared to the M3X.

Last edited:

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast

You might like the Deft EDC LR. At around 60,000 lux, its a small compact light with lots of throw. Plus it has very little spill.

jonnyfgroove

Enlightened

That Mr. Bender makes hard driven XR-E dropins with smooth reflector or optics. I believe those give some darn good throw for a P60. The L2T with the pocket clip is an awesome cheap host.

d.weglarz13

Enlightened

Okay great. The O light M3 looked a lot bulkier than the Catapult, thats why i was thinking it would be worse for carrying around at night.
And, I can see this getting real expensive.....and quick!
I am torn between the smaller edc L2T, and the Cat!!!! AHHHHHH(pulling my hair out..)

d.weglarz13

Enlightened
Oh I didn't know that. Does anyone carry either the Cat or M3x around? or do you just keep this one at home or in a bag.?

lautamas

Newly Enlightened
I would think that this is an EDH thread (Everyday heavy...?)
L2T would be a little closer to EDC. However, take my words...if you really are a reguler customer, even L2T will not survive in your belt in the next 3 months.
1xCR123 is just nice for EDC, else 1xAA would just do. However, 1xAAA (power-boost it with 10440) would be the perfect EDC. Now..there is no more reason not to carry your 1xAAA when it is always hang on your buckle...or on your car keyring.

Anyhow, to answer your question, Catapult will be the better way to go. However, the beefy body will make you suffer having to EDC it everyday. let alone the 2x18650....

lightfooted

Flashlight Enthusiast
Seriously??? An M3X or Catapult as an EDC? I suppose if you were used to carrying around a 3D maglite then it would be an improvement but they are both very large lights....more belt carry unless you wear something with cargo pockets every day. Even then...the M3X is almost 10 oz. without batteries and I would suspect that 2 18650s would bring it to the weight of a can of soda...12 oz.

For an EDC light I would go with the L2T although the finish on it is a bit lacking...I don't think it's even a type II anodizing, though I cannot be sure of that....I do know that mine has been broken in with just a bit of actual use, but I still like the fit and styling.

d.weglarz13

Enlightened
Okay, haha. I figured that Cat was way too big, but i like to push the limits.....
That sux about the finish on the L2T.....Its a nice looking host.

lightfooted

Flashlight Enthusiast
It really does, the matte finish looks really great and has a slightly grippy feel to it...just not very deep and can't take the wear. It was mostly just the wear of being taken out and going back into my V70 holster so the internal spring left "skid marks" but it raked it to the bare aluminum :eek: but I guess now it has "character" :shrug: