Just got my Quark 123 2 TurboX and need some help!

DavidZ

Newly Enlightened
My new Quark arrived in the mail today, and it will not work for me. Put in the batteries that came with it, and nothing. So I had some new ones, and still nothing. I noticed that it will only sputter a little, when the switch is on, and I am just beginning to screw on the tail cap, and wiggle it. Tighten the cap and nothing. What am I doing wrong here? Anyone have any ideas that might help. I got the light direct from 4 sevens, so I am confused :confused:

Thanks.

xtestifyx

Newly Enlightened
When life gives you lemons, tell the people who gave them to you that you didn't get the right product.

jonnyfgroove

Enlightened
Make sure that the retaining ring inside the tailcap is snugged down. You will see two divots where you can carefully use some needle nose pliers or snap ring pliers to tighten.

weez82

Enlightened
My new Quark arrived in the mail today, and it will not work for me. Put in the batteries that came with it, and nothing. So I had some new ones, and still nothing. I noticed that it will only sputter a little, when the switch is on, and I am just beginning to screw on the tail cap, and wiggle it. Tighten the cap and nothing. What am I doing wrong here? Anyone have any ideas that might help. I got the light direct from 4 sevens, so I am confused :confused:

Thanks.

Why are you wiggling the tail cap? There should be no wiggle. Just tighten it. Also make sure the clip retainer is tightened all the way down. Then make sure the batteries are in the correct way (I know simple but you never know). Tighten everything. If it still doesnt light up then contact 47's CS

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
The MiniQ 123 has a poorly engineered "switch" and is prone to frequent failure in my light. My warranty repaired light has the same problem of intermittent and unpredictable switching. The "PCB" with the positive contacts has two wings I assume contact the battery barrel for switching. Unfortunately, they are very close to and often short out on the head's threads and cause all manner of problems.

I'm not familiar with other 47 lights, but if they are similar you might try a sharp Xacto knife and shave between the two pcb "wings" and the head barrel. This works until anything conductive bridges the gap and then it's time for another shave. Frustratingly, a five-O-clock shadow sometimes appears the same day.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
It really does sound like a loose switch retaining ring, did you take the advice and try to tighten it. Sometimes it is just the simplest things, try and do a program even if the light does not come on and do that a couple times click the switch in between each program attempt.