Fenix Outfitters        

Thread: Straight to strobe

Unenlightened

Question Straight to strobe

I currently EDC a 4Sevens 1232 S2 tactical.

I love this light, really fantastic.

The reason i went with the tactical model over the regular was one because of the ability to turn on straight into strobe mode.

At first i was on the fence as to whether its really that important, then it saved my skin.

But having one of my programmable modes set to strobe leaves me with one, difficult to change quickly, mode. This is usually on max as i often have need for it.

It just irritates me when I'm in the cinemas or somewhere else that i don't want to do any retina burning that i cant get to a low mode.

Can any one recommend a solution?

A light that turns on in strobe instantly but other modes are still easily accessible?

Thank you very much for reading

Flashaholic*

Default Re: Straight to strobe

HDS clicky or rotary. Can be programmed however you want it. What comes on first, how bright, etc.

The Klarus XT, ST, NT models you can use the strobe/mode button for instant strobe or turn the light on and then switch to a lower mode. I think it's the same with a couple Fenix models. Jetbeam and Lumintop have a couple you can have a loose bezel for instant strobe but still switch to other modes quickly/easily. I keep my EagleTac P20C2 set for general mode (70 lumens) then I can hit the switch twice in less than 1.5 seconds to get a 524 lumens strobe or do a quick tighten/loosen of the bezel to go to low mode (9 lumens as low as it goes).

Quote Originally Posted by TorchTester View Post

A light that turns on in strobe instantly but other modes are still easily accessible?

My brand new Klarus XT1C can do exactly that, like the other lights of the XT series.

Unenlightened

My Sunwayman M20A (others, I imagine) allows that with the magnetic control ring.

Carry a small AAA or AA light on a neck lanyard that has a sub 1 lumen moonlight mode. The neck lanyard makes it easy to access and keeps you from dropping it.

I donít like trying to dig thought my pockets for something while seated like in a cinema, itís too easy to pull other loose items out and drop them
    Lucas Jackson, "Here, Captain"
    Maliciously destroying municipal property while under the influence, What was that?
    "Cutting the heads off parking meters, Captain."

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by shane45_1911 View Post
    HDS clicky or rotary. Can be programmed however you want it. What comes on first, how bright, etc.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by TorchTester View Post
    I currently EDC a 4Sevens 1232 S2 tactical.

It just irritates me when I'm in the cinemas or somewhere else that i don't want to do any retina burning that i cant get to a low mode.

Can any one recommend a solution?

Thank you very much for reading
    Nitecore D11.2 fits this criteria to a Tee. Great light. Set the light to low when you need it (double click from on), then turn it off. From off it is a quick click-clickhold and you have strobe. If you want low then a single click turns it on to your preset low. If you want high, then click on, then do the quick click-clickhold and it goes to high. If you hold the "button" you can set the light level to anything you want and immediately turn on to that. Nice balance between throw and flood.
    EDC: SS ReVo S2 (1yr), E01 (1yr). Camping: Tikka XP (6 yrs). RIP: CMG Infinity (10 yrs), Gerber Infinity (7yrs)
    For a light to be worth while to EDC, it needs to be able to last a decade.