Straight to strobe

TorchTester

Newly Enlightened
I currently EDC a 4Sevens 1232​ S2 tactical.

I love this light, really fantastic.

The reason i went with the tactical model over the regular was one because of the ability to turn on straight into strobe mode.

At first i was on the fence as to whether its really that important, then it saved my skin.

But having one of my programmable modes set to strobe leaves me with one, difficult to change quickly, mode. This is usually on max as i often have need for it.

It just irritates me when I'm in the cinemas or somewhere else that i don't want to do any retina burning that i cant get to a low mode.

Can any one recommend a solution?

A light that turns on in strobe instantly but other modes are still easily accessible?

Thank you very much for reading

Danjojo

Newly Enlightened
The Klarus XT, ST, NT models you can use the strobe/mode button for instant strobe or turn the light on and then switch to a lower mode. I think it's the same with a couple Fenix models. Jetbeam and Lumintop have a couple you can have a loose bezel for instant strobe but still switch to other modes quickly/easily. I keep my EagleTac P20C2 set for general mode (70 lumens) then I can hit the switch twice in less than 1.5 seconds to get a 524 lumens strobe or do a quick tighten/loosen of the bezel to go to low mode (9 lumens as low as it goes).

Sway

Flashlight Enthusiast
Carry a small AAA or AA light on a neck lanyard that has a sub 1 lumen moonlight mode. The neck lanyard makes it easy to access and keeps you from dropping it.

I don't like trying to dig thought my pockets for something while seated like in a cinema, it's too easy to pull other loose items out and drop them :eek:oo:

michman

Newly Enlightened
I currently EDC a 4Sevens 1232​ S2 tactical.

It just irritates me when I'm in the cinemas or somewhere else that i don't want to do any retina burning that i cant get to a low mode.

Can any one recommend a solution?

A light that turns on in strobe instantly but other modes are still easily accessible?

Thank you very much for reading

Nitecore D11.2 fits this criteria to a Tee. Great light. Set the light to low when you need it (double click from on), then turn it off. From off it is a quick click-clickhold and you have strobe. If you want low then a single click turns it on to your preset low. If you want high, then click on, then do the quick click-clickhold and it goes to high. If you hold the "button" you can set the light level to anything you want and immediately turn on to that. Nice balance between throw and flood.