tk41 - any tint issues?

john doe

Newly Enlightened
wanting to buy a tk41 very soon .before i do has anyone had tint issues?i read a post or 2 where some reported a green tint .i would like a nice white light .
has fenix cleared this up?
where should i go to buy a current model tk41?i bought my eagletac from tod at illumination gear but he doesnt sell the tk41 and i want a current run model .not old stock .
please advise
thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

CMAG

Enlightened
Re: tk41 any tint issues??where to buy current models?

Got mine off ebay vender with free shipping no tint issues

t0dy

Newly Enlightened

Subjectively speaking mine has a rather white hotspot, with some green tinted halo around it, and purplish spill. So far it has only bothered me when whitewall-hunting, when using it on distances of hundreds of metres I don't really think about it. And when using a diffuser, the tints all sort of blend together and create a cool, spooky white, very effectful when navigating dark woods etc:candle:
...but I have to say I appreciate the neutral tint of the Fenix LD25 way more!
I suppose this has something to do with the tint lottery I've been hearing about. Actually, I bought two identical Preon REVOs, one of them had a greenish tint, and the other one had a much nicer pinkish tint. So, maybe one has to buy the light he wants and hope for the best?

john doe

Newly Enlightened

yeah i seen a guy on ebay saying he sells only current production models but his price is quite higher .i can get it for 119.00 free shipping most places on ebay .
did you use a usa seller?

aimxplode

Enlightened

I bought mine from GoingGear. They have a 10% off CPF discount, and Marshall always makes great video reviews of the lights.

Total would be $116.95 shipped.

john doe

Newly Enlightened

oh i didnt know they offered the discount ,thanks man .how do you get the discount ?

john doe

Newly Enlightened

I bought mine from GoingGear. They have a 10% off CPF discount, and Marshall always makes great video reviews of the lights.

Total would be $116.95 shipped.
this is where i will buy more n likely .thanks

shane45_1911

Enlightened

i would like a nice white light .
has fenix cleared this up?

This is not something that gets "cleared up". Any led can have differing tints within the same bin. This is called the dreaded "tint lottery". Fenix does not control this.

Basically, you are at the mercy of this lottery when you order.

That being said, my TK41 that I received a couple months ago has a very nice white tint. No hint of green, and just slightest hints of blue at low level.

DM51

Flashaholic
Thread title edited; dealer discussions belong on CPFMP, not here.

Please confine discussion in this thread to the tint question raised by the OP.

john doe

Newly Enlightened
went and took the plunge at gg.com .thanks guys .
wont get to play until after xmas though:mad:

chewy78

Enlightened
tk41 ugly tint?

I recently got a tk41 and it seams the beam has an ugly greenish tint? . What are they supposed to be? col white? neutral white?

chewy78

Enlightened
Re: tk41 ugly tint?

i think the beam is not a pure white, no where close.

chewy78

Enlightened

should i return it and get a refund or get it replaced? i got it on amazon.com

buds224

Enlightened

I've sent comparison photos of mine next to a PD32 and waiting for Fenix support to get back to me on it. I'll update this post once they return from their Chinese New Year vacation.

IMG_1407-vi.jpg

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast

they are almost all like that, i've seen many ppl complain, there isn't much you can do, xml has that tendency with smooth reflectors, and even some tir optics, almost all xm-l i have have that greenish tint especially on the edge of the hotspot. the tighter the beam the more pronounced it is.
it is noticable, on white wall, but outside, in real world you wont notice it.
i personaly don't see it such a big flaw.

buds224

Enlightened

Yeah. Just wanted to get verification from Fenix themselves that this is normal. I have already accepted it, and it performs great. Just wanted to hear from them directly that it is not a flaw. I've even heard that the greenish-tint is preferred by some in terms of identifying colors from a long distance. If it ain't broke, I won't complain. If they recommend I return it for a replacement, who am I to argue? :)