Anyone have experience with the new 5.11 ATAC L1 light?

Snareman

Enlightened
I'm trying to figure out how the UI is. It says it the tail cap switches between all 3 modes (low, high and strobe) but I don't know if its just a continuous cycle. If that's the case then I'm not really interested in it. I'd prefer to be able to lock it in to 1 setting for a tactical purpose. I'm assuming it goes low, high and strobe with the button? For tactical I"d want it to come on high first, and to be able to set it that way. Anyone have any experience with this light? I also like how they refer to 14 lumens as "ultra low".

Beastmaster

Enlightened
It goes high then low then strobe.

It cycles through all three. Not cycling it or using it for 15 seconds resets back to high.

I'm in the middle of long term testing the L1 and L2 right now.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

EnduringEagle

Enlightened
Snareman said:
I'm trying to figure out how the UI is. It says it the tail cap switches between all 3 modes (low, high and strobe) but I don't know if its just a continuous cycle. If that's the case then I'm not really interested in it. I'd prefer to be able to lock it in to 1 setting for a tactical purpose. I'm assuming it goes low, high and strobe with the button? For tactical I"d want it to come on high first, and to be able to set it that way. Anyone have any experience with this light? I also like how they refer to 14 lumens as "ultra low".

Guess you know now since I saw you do that great review on YouTube. :)