Which model of Surefire is this?

Lost in Kansas

Newly Enlightened
I bought this Surefire as a birthday present for my son in 2004-2005, can't remember which. He asked me what the model is (was?) and I didn't know. Since apparently I can't include attachments I will describe it as closely as I can.

The overall length is 5". The part the batteries go in is one inch in diameter and the bezel is 1 1/4". i've been told the bulb is a luxeon like the one in my 3C cell light. It takes 2 cells marked "GP Lithium GR125 A 34 3V. The color is olive drab green, and the only markings is "SUREFIRE" on both sides. It has the on-off button in the tail cap.

In comparing the beam with my 3C cell light which is rated at 130 lumens on high beam the spot is very similar at 25 yards with the Surefire having a creamy white light where the other is pure white. Any suggestions which Surefire this is? It still operates like brand new. Jon

Machete God

Enlightened
I concur with what others have posted, it sounds like a G2, but more specifically a G2L. Yours look anything like the pictures on that page? SureFire discontinued these earlier this year, but they can still be easily found online.

Lost in Kansas

Newly Enlightened
Well, in general appearance it does. But mine is exactly 5" overall and has no markings at all except the "Surefire". It stays on when the tailcap is screwed down tight. If you back the tailcap back a turn or two then it stays on as long as you hold the button down. My son says this is correct for the flashlight.