QuarkTactical Problem: Won't shift modes. Advice?

MarkW

Newly Enlightened
I left my Quark AA sitting (w/o a battery) for a few months and now when I use it, it comes on in high beam and will not shift modes--in fact, unscrewing the head does nothing-- except of course the head eventually comes off. I did a quick clean of the head interior and the body threads, but no change. Did I miss something? Can someone make an educated guess as to what or where the problem is? Thanks!

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know that sounds strange have you tried different batteries and also different battery chemistry, also have you tried a quick reprogram? Alas the old switch retaining ring can do strange things have you tried tightening it. I don't mean to sound like you don't know what your doing but as you hinted you know it can always be something simple your just over looking, been there done that.

JimLob65

Newly Enlightened
I'm not very well versed in flaslights, but just received in the mail a Quark 123x2 TurboX and can suggest that maybe you need to reprogram it? Best of luck. I hope you figure it out.

MarkW

Newly Enlightened
Fixed! The reprogramming did in fact solve the problem. I had tried it before the cleaning (no response), but apparently not after. It is funny how easy it is to convince yourself that the evil forces of darkness are conspiring against you, and forget to check the obvious. . . Many Thanks!