Problem with TK70 or Batteries?

fishhead

Newly Enlightened
I got a TK70 a few months ago with the Tenergy batteries and the Titanium charger. I didn't use it much when I initially got it but everything seemed fine however recently when I've used it for longer durations I've started having problems. There's a hissing/squealing on turbo and it drops down to high after about 20 seconds or so. I recharged the batteries and the hissing/squealing is better but it's still dropping down to high. It makes no sound on high.

I'm a bit sick about this because I did not see this type of behavior when the light was new and could be returned for another. I'm hoping maybe it's just the batteries - I remember seeing some talk about battery issues but I can't find the thread now. Can anyone suggest anything?

Riku

Newly Enlightened
I had a similar problem with my tk70. In my case the flash light was to blame, not the batteries. If possible, try another set of Nimh's or at least test your batteries with a multimeter. Otherwise, just send the light back under warranty and have them check it for you.

fishhead

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Riku. I did test the batteries after I recharged them and they were at 1.3V, but I'm not sure what is normal for them.

I'm worried about a warranty replacement though - I bought the light in July and didn't notice anything then.

Last edited:

DENGOH

Newly Enlightened
Are you using Tenergy lsd cell or common nimh cell? You can check your battery condition under load.

Also, have you tried to make Tenergy battery less wobbling inside the battery tube? The battery tube is quite big in diameter, it might be contact problem. Use A4 papers to reduce the diamater of the tube so that all the batteries are straightly lined up. I assume you are using 4 batteries configuration.