Streamlight Stylus O-ring issues?

topper607

Newly Enlightened
First off, this is my first post on these glorious boards! I am a long time flashlight addict and have lingered around here for quite some time but for some reason I just now got around to joining the club :wave:.

One of my favorite new (to me) lights is my Streamlight Stylus... it has to be one of the most convenient lights I have ever owned for EDC. Nice and bright enough for the majority of what a typical day brings me. That, along with great battery life, portability and durability has made this light perfect for my EDC system! If I forget it at home its like forgetting to put on a belt... and I will drive miles out of the way to go get it!

Anyhow... the issue I am having currently pertains to the o-ring... I think. When I thread the cap off some times the o-ring is unseated. I'm not sure weather this is happening as I pull the cap off or if it is like that prior to cap removal. This is an issue because the light WILL get wet often. Even when I screw it on, I try and make sure that I'm not binding or unseating said o-ring as I screw it back on... but since the cap isn't transparent... I guess there's no way to tell for sure. I don't remember having this issue with the Streamlight Stylus I lost before I bought this one. Any advice or input would be greatly appreciated.

I almost feel OCD after re-reading this... like I sit there and screw and unscrew the tailcap constantly :shakehead

Thanks in advance and don't be too judgmental lol!