Just a funny story on LED lights

varmint

Enlightened
Last weekend I went to a gun,knife & a few lights show. They had all the cheap foriegn lights with huge over ratings. They had a reflective target on the back wall at the top to test light throw on, it would literally light up when hit by light, especdially a good one. Their sales pitch was "do you have a light on you? will it do this"? I was just watching when they asked me the question, I said yes I do. They turned on some brand I have never heard of that she said it was 1200 lumens, it was far from that. She lit up the target. I have 1 good light my Thrunite TN11, she said now try yours, she was in awe!! of the brightness and throw, the TN11 literally eliminated her light, I had 2 18500's in it. That was my 1st time ever to compare lights like that. I was asked by several where they could get one.
Just a good laugh for me, my 1st real experience with the 'awe factor'.
Larry

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great story. Too bad you didn't have your TK70 in your back pocket!

varmint

Enlightened
The same show is repeated in Jan 2012, Mesquite Texas Rodeo show, I will be back, my other light is a Streamlight SL20 I got in 1979 that I thought was so bright! I have never seen a TK70, I wish I could borrow one in Jan!

Last edited:

Soda

Newly Enlightened
The tk 70 is a huge light. Its bigger than the olight sr90. Anyways, sounds like an awesome opportunity to use a light!

notinthedark

Newly Enlightened
I heard notinthedark carries a TK70 in his back pocket:sssh: it's dark in Alaska this time of year:wave:

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
OMG I would have loved to see a video of this... I wish I could do this to anyone trying to demonstrate a product as a sales pitch!

varmint

Enlightened
They had about 24' of lights, 3 - 8' tables. Not 1 brand I have ever heard of, most had multiple LED's, they were very out going in their sales pitch, some lights were multi colored advertised as hunting lights. The target on the wall was about 65-75 meters away and really was very nice when hit with light, it really glowed, I thought their lights did ok UNTIL I tried my TN11!! They said could I see that light and wrote the info down on it curious as to where I got it. They had nothing to compare to it, most of the people watching wanted my info as to where to get one. 100% total SHOCK factor.

Last edited:

enomosiki

Flashlight Enthusiast
You were squaring off against cheap, no-brand lights with inflated performance claims with the brightest single-emitter 2xCR123A light available that's built for throw. Of course the TN11 would utterly annihilate them.

It kinda reminds me of when I was lighting up the entire scene of a motorcycle accident with my Scorpion V2 Turbo. I swear that people were looking at me, not the accident scene.