Fenix LD15 14505 capable?????

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello all. Was considering a purchase of this light and would like to try the 3v AA size cells with it. Did a search but was unable to find a definate answer on using these cells. Has anyone tried this combo out? :naughty:

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Been using mine with a 3.7v li-ion since day one. Be prepared for :eek:, but try not to blast it at the high mode for too long.

davecroft

Enlightened
Just checked my LD15's instructions - 'Avoid the use of rechargeable Li-ion battery or damage will be caused to the light circuit.'

So I think it is the usual story in that although the light might work with Li-ion it will invalidate the warranty.

BTW it is a nice little light, well made and pretty bright for its size on normal AA.

Nake

Flashlight Enthusiast
Might be because your 14505 doesn't have a button top?

It's got a button top. It's just shorter than Eneloops and 14500s.

edit; I tried a 1mm magnet, no good, 2mm worked.

Last edited:

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting. Any guesstimate on the output? Not sure I want to try it with mine, but we'll see...

Nake

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't speak for the accuracy of my lightbox, I think it's coated inside with cigarette smoke. :) Here are some numbers to compare to. NiMH 538, NiZn 556, and the 14505 585, not much difference.

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the readings Nake. Sounds like the reduced lifetime might not be really worth the risk...

Latest posts