Where do you buy your parts?

MrChoi

Newly Enlightened
Hey everyone,

im looking into making my own light and was wondering where you get your parts. i am currently looking for a dimmable driver that can push out atleast 2.5 amps

Thanks.

seven11

Newly Enlightened
Hey everyone,

im looking into making my own light and was wondering where you get your parts. i am currently looking for a dimmable driver that can push out atleast 2.5 amps

Thanks.

I would recommend TaskLED for a driver that can put out 2.5 amps; either the H6cc or H6flex would work well. You'll need a PWM in order to dim it, but they have those too. George is the guy behind TaskLED and has excellent service. The only draw back is that you'll need to heatsink the driver, so consider that when planning your build.

moderator007

Enlightened
Hey everyone,

Thanks.
George's drivers are some of the best. Usually with drivers you get what you pay for. If you go to this link there is a list of suppliers that sell flashlights and parts that offer a discount to cpf members. You will have to register there as well. The savings is definitely worth the time.
There is also places like Dealextreme and kaidomain. But like I said you usually get what you pay for.
Batteries- best to stick with the panasonic cells from either Callie's Kustoms, Redilast or AW's.

yazovyet

Enlightened
using the google search function to look for (where you get your parts), wich is the same as a normal google search for (where you get your parts site:www.candlepowerforums.com), I came up with the following as the first link that isnt this thread:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?265314-Where-do-you-buy-your-parts-from
there are quite a few site listed there

now when you say dimmable do you mean; a) has different settings like low, medium, high or b) can be hooked up to a potentiomiter so that it will have an on/off button and a knob that varries the light like a volume knob on a speaker? type A is common and easy to find, type B is less common but i think there are a few of those around or ways to midify things

MrChoi

Newly Enlightened
using the google search function to look for (where you get your parts), wich is the same as a normal google search for (where you get your parts site:www.candlepowerforums.com), I came up with the following as the first link that isnt this thread:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?265314-Where-do-you-buy-your-parts-from
there are quite a few site listed there

now when you say dimmable do you mean; a) has different settings like low, medium, high or b) can be hooked up to a potentiomiter so that it will have an on/off button and a knob that varries the light like a volume knob on a speaker? type A is common and easy to find, type B is less common but i think there are a few of those around or ways to midify things

Thanks for the info. Yea im looking for a type b dimming. Can i just add a potentiometer?

Latest posts