How many lumens are these kind of lights giving?

lightseeker2009

Enlightened
Do anyone here have beamshots or any other usefull info on 95 led lights, sure its the normal standard Nichia leds. The light in question is powered by 3D batteries. About how many lumens do they put out? I've got a 12 led light and its not too bad. I just want to know whether these 95 led lights are giving out the same power per led than the 12 led lights for example.
Beamshots comparing it to normal lights would be very much appreciated:)

StarHalo

Flashaholic
If you're referring to the "shower head" style lights with multiple 5mm LEDs, it depends on how many of the LEDs are working - these types of lights are notoriously unreliable and usually lose entire sections of their LEDs over time.

A new and perfectly functional copy will produce several hundred lumens immediately in front of the head of the flashlight, but with no means to direct the light, it will emit everywhere in a diffuse flood that will only travel a few dozen feet. A beamshot would look like an image of a space lit by a garage work light with a ~15 watt bulb.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
no way those shower heads (exsept f36) use nichia leds, those are noname cheap leds. idk if anyone actually mesured output, but if i had to guess, pbly 2-3 or so lm each.
my mother still uses 128 led 3d showerhead that i got 5-6 years ago, she uses it when she looks for something in her closet, she uses quite often, and still works like the day i got it, thou the leds are blueish, and output is weak compared to even modern 5mm leds from cree or nichia, but quantity of them makes this light very usefull indoors.

Last edited:

lightseeker2009

Enlightened
Thanks for all the feedback. So I'm looking at only about 200 lumens? I think I will still get one.