Fenix Outfitters        

Thread: Just bought some new flashlights

Unenlightened

Default Just bought some new flashlights

I got tired of barely being able to see my dog at night while he wandered ahead of me in the woods. I was using a 3 D-cell LED Maglite from Costco. I just bought a Fenix TK41 and E21, an LED KX4 conversion head for my Surefire Z2 Combat light, and 12 Surefire 123A batteries. All of it cost me $270 including shipping.

Were these good choices and what should I buy next?

Default Re: Just bought some new flashlights

Looks like you have a good start. My best light for years was a Magcharger. Then I got a few Ultrafire 230 lumen running 18650's, added an Olight SR51 and AW 2900's, a 200 lumen CR123 keychain light and just ordered a Deree DBS-3SM with the XRE-R2 and the aspherical head as my dedicated thrower. So I think you need a serious thrower next.

Flashaholic*

Nice lights and welcome to CPF! I recommend the best EDC available, the HDS Systems clicky or rotary. I EDC my rotary everyday.

You seem to be missing a pocketable EDC. And a backup to that on your keychain.

I would have suggested a dedicated thrower but the TK41 at 100+ yards useable (472 M ANSI) is probably enough for your needs.
    Don't waste your money.

The TK41 and e21 were two of the first lights that I bought after discovering CPF - good choices, enjoy. Ironically, I expected to be blown away by the TK41, but I ended up being more impressed with the smallest light that I bought in my first purchase - a Fenix e11. Several hundred dollars and a month or two later, and my favorite is my Zebralight SC51w.

I thought that the expense in this would be the lights - but I'm starting to think I'll have to put on a home addition to house all of my lights, batteries, chargers, original boxes, and collection of unidentifiable o-rings...

Congrats. Watch out, though. Buying lights can be contagious. I have about 25 now, in 2 years time
    Fenix TK16, TK16 - Eagletac P20C2 MKII, T20C2 MKII - Nightcore SRT6, SRT6, EC4S - Olight S20 Baton - Streamlight TRL1s, TRL1s - Inova XO3 - Solarforce L2P, L2, L2M & L2M