Quark X tactical 2-123 problem. Help!

bdeuce22

Newly Enlightened
I just recieved my x-mas present to myself that included two 4sevens lights. Having problem with the Quark x tactical 2x123. Program not seeming to accept. Have mutiple 4sevens tactical lights & am experienced with procedure. Even followed the directions all though I programmed the quark tac 1AA 1st with no problem. After my initial 4 loosening turns from tightened position I do not get the 3 blinks to begin program.
Any help greatly appreciated.

EugeneJohn

Newly Enlightened
I've read on the forum that some people are needing to do 5 (or 6?) tight-loose cycles before the light goes into programming mode. It'd be worth giving a try. I seem to remember from a 4Sevens video that it didn't hurt the process if you did more than the minimum number of cycles to get the light into program mode.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ya, do a couple more turns on the head. It happens to my Quark X AA2 tactical too. Sometimes four turns would work, and sometimes five or six turns. Weird though.

bdeuce22

Newly Enlightened
Tried everything except breaking out the multi-meter. Will diagnose tomorrow or at least rule out any obvious oversites.

Chicago X

Enlightened
Try starting from the loosened position, rather than the tightened one.

LightWalker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sometimes mine won't go into program mode if I don't twist it fast enough.

bdeuce22

Newly Enlightened
That was it. Sent a email to 4-7's & got prompt reply suggesting the above. 4 rapid turns & then the loathed 3 flashes appeared. Programmed it in both modes. Love the light- size, color, etc... Once again just a case of operator error combined with anxiety of receiving 2 new lights. All thanks to great cust service @ 4seven's.

Chicago X

Enlightened
I'm glad you got satisfaction !!!

There are few things more frustrating than researching, buying, then waiting for a light.....only to have it not work.