EagleTac Titanium D-Series

UpstandingCitizen

Enlightened
I saw a thread about this earlier, but it looks like it got 86'd. Not sure why, but I thought I'd create another thread in case anyone missed it.

Anyway, it looks like EagleTac will be putting out two new Ti L.E. models in the D-series.

www.eagletac.com/html/d25ti/features/index.html

performance_hero.png

kreisler

Banned
but it looks like it got 86'd. Not sure why,
yes i was missing it too. i contacted the mods via PM and was informed that it got deleted because we were talking about prices and dealers and that's against forum rules and also posts by dealers themselves (e.g. Tod) are not allowed on CPF. On CPFMP yes, on CPF no.

Eagtac has been improving these days: new website, new series, latest LEDs (XP-G S2, XM-L U2), limited Titanium edition, G25 model. Maybe we're gonna see some D-series models with clickies (as suggested by the PDF-catalog). In the most recent past Eagtac has been one of the most exciting flashlight company out there, yay!!

[parts of post deleted - Rule 8 violations]

Last edited by a moderator:

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now these are nice. Pure copper heat sinks to boot. This is likely a first in production lights. Where do I pay

HooNz

Enlightened
:sigh: , i thought i was goin loony tunes , so that's what happened .

Anyway i sent a mail to USA store for a postage quote , as i gather the free post would be within the states .

If i have typed anything not within a policy in this post , i claim ignorance :thinking:

HooNz

Enlightened
I just had a sudden thought or recall!

Last night on the BBC website (i wonder if mentioning "anything" is now verboten) that there was a report on the Usa FCC or FAA about it's going to be or is now unlawful to mention anything about anything if it involves another party or sales or impacts sales , and said things were either blogs or opinions , so it was worded like (i'm no lawyer) ,if one has a opinion but if it mentions sales or impacts sales (assumed) negitively to another party then it's Verboten , or something like that , in my opinion :) ...

Vortus

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was looking for that thread too. Didnt even know about these till I saw that. Ordered a Ti D25a XML U2. Looking forward to it. Am expecting it to work as well as our others ET lights. Kinda wish the xpg was an R5. I like those. But the wife likes her xmls so that's what we got. Be interesting to see the inevitible comparisons with the other similar Ti lights.

I think she's hoping the head is compatible with her pd1 leef clicky.

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
[post deleted - Rule 8 violation. Read the Rule - take it to PM. - DM51]

Last edited by a moderator:

DM51

Flashaholic
Members are reminded to acquaint themselves with Rule 8. If you have a question about any action taken by a moderator, you must not post it in open forum. Take it to PM or email.

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
The body is Ti. The heat sink is copper.

Yes, thank you.

I have purchased copper heatsink E-series lights from MIlky and others and the heatsinks are very expensive but offer the best performance. The only issue is copper is expensive and hard to machine I guess cause did I mention they are expensive.

Now, to have a production light out of Titanium and a Pure Copper Heatsink........I am definitely getting this one. Only problem is, should I get the AA size or both.

bigC

lautamas

Newly Enlightened
D25A version supports (officially) 14500!
XM-L U2 for some spill and S2 version for some throw. Both Cool and Neutral are available. Awesome varieties from EAGTEC (yes..they change the name into somehow EAGTAC in the new D series)

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
D25A version supports (officially) 14500!
XM-L U2 for some spill and S2 version for some throw. Both Cool and Neutral are available. Awesome varieties from EAGTEC (yes..they change the name into somehow EAGTAC in the new D series)

I just noticed the Direct Drive off 14500...

Very cool, cause IMR 14500 can generate well into 3A to the XM-L on DD, now it makes sense why they choose a Pure Copper heatsink.

I say at least 500~600 OTF via XM-L....wohoooo

bigC

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

DM51, thanks for the PM,
you went above and beyond for an explanation.

~~` I do hope this Ti version will come in a 18650 model,...@ only 4.25" length
That's a manageable EDC size w/ acceptable throw :)

EagleTac, make a Ti D-Series in a 18650

TMCGLASSON36

Newly Enlightened
Just paid for mine!:) D25C S2 with DD RCR123 WOW! Can't wait are supposed to start shipping Monday!:thumbsup:. Might have to pick up the XML U2 just to see how the beam is..

dirtech

Enlightened
I hope the pocket clips on those share no similarity to those on the nitecore IFE series. They look similar.

Rutger

Newly Enlightened
I asked eagletac a few questions about running the D25AM Ti on a 14500 rechargeable battery. Thought i'd share their answers on here, maybe it will help others too.

Lumen output is around 700-800 led lumen with XM-L U2 when battery is fully charged. It will then slowly drop to around 500 lumen and then lower (direct driven). Runtime is around 30 minutes. It only has low, and medium/high become direct driven (high). Titanium indeed has bad thermal conductivity. We install a pure copper underneath the LED star (with high thermal conductivity isolation layer) to ensure good thermal conductivity. We recommend limit the usage to one minute each when the battery is freshly charged, and 5 minutes each after a couple discharge. The latest batch uses 0D U2, color temperature is around 6500-6800k