RIP Harry Morgan

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Harry Morgan, one of the stalwart characters of M*A*S*H, the old Dragnet TV series and countless movies has passed. I'm going to miss him. I've always enjoyed his work.

Goodnight sir; they're flying the flag at half staff at the 4077. :candle:

Last edited:

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
In addition to the movies and television, I've heard his distinctive voice in several of the "old time radio" shows that are now available on the internet.

He really was a great entertainer, and I loved his work. 96 year is still not enough. sigh

Daniel

Tomcat!

Enlightened
What? I had no idea. I must have missed this news in our papers. I loved Harry as Sherman Potter. RIP.

:(

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
A movie called "The Cat From Outer Space" (1978) had both MASH commanding officers in it.
Harry Morgan was in a lot of westerns and several war movies including John Wayne's The Shootist and The Shores Of Tripoli.
I think however that Morgan was best as comedy instead of drama myself.

Kestrel

Flashaholic
Remember the pre-Col.Potter MASH episode where Harry Morgan guest stars as the near-crazy general or some such thing? Just hilarious. :)

I haven't thought about Harry Morgan in a while, I guess I'm surprised (& happy) that he was around for so long.

Last edited:

Empath

Flashaholic
This thread is a memorial to Harry Morgan, and not a discussion thread about Korea or Vietnam. Such commentary has been removed, and any additional effort to turn it to a political discourse is strongly discouraged.