Got my Fenix TK70 in yesterday!

shipwreck

Enlightened
I got my Fenix Tk70 in last night. It is awesome. Awesome, awesome, awesome!

Uses 4 rechargable D batteries. So, it is a big light. The length of a 4 D maglight plus some... Because of the larger head.

20 Lumens - 168h
300 Lumens - 15h
930 Lumens - 4hr 30 min
2200 Lumens - 1hr 50 min

When I compare it to my m2xc4 Eagletac - it is amazing. My M2 was $150 over a year ago. The 930 lumen setting of the Fenix is close to what My M2XC4 puts out (800 lumens). The Turbo setting on the Fenix is just wild.

I had been wanting an Olight SR90 for the longest time, but didn't wanna spend $400-$450. This light is normally $232 or so. A kit with a nice charger and 4 rechargable D's usually makes the price $262. There was a 25% sale last weekend at Fenix Outfitters. I couldn't pass it up...

$197 TOTAL with the light AND the charger and 4 batteries. This was my first purchase from them, as I have always bought from Illumination Gear. But, with the 25% off, no one could touch that deal (I still plan to buy from Illumination gear on items he stocks in the future - he has been super helpful)...

This is my 1st Fenix light. It is VERY well made. I like the texturing and finish on the light. Really amazing...

It also came with a paracord lanyard and a longer, 2 clip shoulder strap. Don't need the shoulder strap. But the lanyard is nice. Keep it on your wrist so ya don't drop the light...

fenix1.jpg

fenix15.jpg

fenix2.jpg

Danjojo

Newly Enlightened
Awesome buy - it is a monster :twothumbs I was checking out a family members old 4D Maglite the other day that was on it's last legs, crazy that these take the same four batteries and have so much more output.

ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS

Enlightened
That's a nice light. I thought about buying one, but just decided I didn't need it. But that don't keep me from wanting one. Maybe one of these days I will make the jump. What kind of charger and batteries did you get with it? The cheapest I have been quoted on the Fenix TK70(old style) is $164 shipped. Yes Fenix is coming out with newer TK70's that don't have the Turbo mode issues with alkalines since they had problems on the original ones. I found that out from a dealer I deal with.

shipwreck

Enlightened
I know we aren't allowed to link to stores - so I'll list what came from Fenix Outfitters (you can go to their website and type "TK70" in the search box and see it)...

-TK70
-The Tenergy Computer Controlled Universal Ni-MH & Ni-Cd Smart Charger Model BC-1HU
- Four Tenergy D Rechargeable Batteries

I have read all the posts and reviews on this site. Mine works great. I have no plans to use it with alkalines, so the issues some have reported don't affect me...

The 25% off discount they offered last weekend was insane. Better than the 10% from black friday. I was actually gonna wait, but that pushed me to buy it. $197 for everything...

Last edited:

yurbo

Newly Enlightened
lol i am happy for you, really no jealousy. Same model in my country 340$, maybe can make you smile:).

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just charged and played with my TK70 last night. The turbo is *very* bright and the low is *very* useful! Enjoy your Fenix!

mbreckner

Newly Enlightened
Now I'm sad... I wish I would have known about that 25% off deal! Thats a great buy!!!!!

bill_n_opus

Enlightened
Dang, missed that sale! How did that happen??? That's pretty awesome @25%.

I must have been :duh2: and :tired:.

Love those smileys.

shipwreck

Enlightened
I got an email from them... I think I signed up on their mailing list a few weeks ago when I got interested in the TK70, and they had the cheapest price on their package deal. I considered buying it for 10% off around black friday. When I got the 25% off, I thought that there would be some catch. Until I started the check out process and saw that it accepted the coupon code, I really didn't expect it to go through on the TK70 package kit.

I posted about it on a few gun forums I am on. No one seemed to be interested at the time. But, on a $200+ flashlight... That adds up...

lightfire

Newly Enlightened
That's a nice light. I thought about buying one, but just decided I didn't need it. But that don't keep me from wanting one. Maybe one of these days I will make the jump. What kind of charger and batteries did you get with it? The cheapest I have been quoted on the Fenix TK70(old style) is $164 shipped. Yes Fenix is coming out with newer TK70's that don't have the Turbo mode issues with alkalines since they had problems on the original ones. I found that out from a dealer I deal with.

Can you share more info about newer revised TK70's? When are they supposed to be shipping these?
Does anyone else have any info on this?