What really happend to ARCmania....?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaGreenLantern

Newly Enlightened
I really want to buy the Superflashlight but i cant find a website for ARCmania,
I remember there was another site,i think TNC products maybe, and they had similar lights....

Does anybody know what really happend to ARCmania?? Im sure there are lot of people that want to purchase a superflashlight, anybody know?

vickers214

Enlightened
There it's a sticky on here were he is trashed for selling cheap bike lights on as his own work, for prices that are just a crime, would have linked you to out but on my phone at the minute!

Chicago X

Enlightened
He was a thief, a scammer, and a liar.

DM51 nailed him, but good.

I would rather burn my money than give it to someone like that. Thanks again, DM51.

enomosiki

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just curious; was everything that ARCmania sold frauds, or did he start off as a for-real custom builder but got corrupted down the road?

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an old ARCmania flashlight and it is excellent. I'm aware of the bike-light scam. Can't deal with vendors like that.

Filip

Newly Enlightened
Since OP asked for it, it may be ok to mention ArcMania's website: [it isn't OK - link removed. - DM51]

Last edited by a moderator:

vickers214

Enlightened
I quickly looked through his site, there are people who are still falling for it,prepaying over a $1000 to still not have a light 2 years later!! As if $1000 for a torch is not unbelievable enough! I was not here when he was a respected member, but I find it very hard to believe he ever was, shocking

DaGreenLantern

Newly Enlightened
WoW, i read thru the other thread that has the bicycle light, What a Crook...
I thought he made good products, i guess he just bought good products and overcharged for them, what an a$$.
I have been wanting a Superflashlight for a few years ,ever since i seen pics of it Over here on CPF,

Does anybody make a light that is identical to the Superflashlight ?
I checked out the tncproducts site but i am wery to order anything before i do my research on them as well first. Any advice?

Chicago X

Enlightened
It's frankly appalling how he continues to rip customers off. I spent some time over there, trying to discern why folks still give him money.

Finally, one member form Europe admitted to me why he was afraid to not keep participating, continuing to pre-pay for several hundred dollar lights....... he was owed close to ten grand in vaporware, and didn't want to anger the person responsible for it.

I quickly looked through his site, there are people who are still falling for it,prepaying over a $1000 to still not have a light 2 years later!! As if $1000 for a torch is not unbelievable enough! I was not here when he was a respected member, but I find it very hard to believe he ever was, shocking

Monocrom

Flashaholic
It's frankly appalling how he continues to rip customers off. I spent some time over there, trying to discern why folks still give him money.

Finally, one member form Europe admitted to me why he was afraid to not keep participating, continuing to pre-pay for several hundred dollar lights....... he was owed close to ten grand in vaporware, and didn't want to anger the person responsible for it.

Which makes absolutely no sense.

When you realize you are clearly never going to get what you paid for, you cut your losses. You don't continue to give a blatant scumbag more money. For what?! In the hope that he'll develop a conscience and do the right thing?? Never gonna happen.

Chicago X

Enlightened
I'm only relaying what a member there sheepishly PMed me.

I agree 100% with you; cut your losses.

vickers214

Enlightened
Trust me it makes no sense, but in my line of work I see people throwing good money after bad time and time again in the hope that the false promises come true one day, and sometime s quite regular people. The only thing I can liken it to is a gambler chasing the win.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
I doubt he even lives in Japan.
I may be one of the only members to have met him and talked to him quite a bit a couple years ago before going and having coffee over a pile of Extreme III's and other stuff. As someone I met it really sunk me when I saw this stuff come up and I just don't know what to think, but must say I enjoyed talking with and meeting him.

Oh, forgot to say, yes, he's in Japan.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I may be one of the only members to have met him and talked to him quite a bit a couple years ago before going and having coffee over a pile of Extreme III's and other stuff. As someone I met it really sunk me when I saw this stuff come up and I just don't know what to think, but must say I enjoyed talking with and meeting him.

Oh, forgot to say, yes, he's in Japan.

It's something that happens surprising often. Don't know why it happens, but I do know it does . . . Someone comes to CPF. Builds up an excellent reputation. Then later on, they **** away their own reputation. Screw over quite a few members who trusted them. And, it happens a lot. Don't know why, it just does. Anyone remember when HellLight was a trusted member? Or Rob over at Lummi? Just two more examples out of many. There's another trusted member whom I'm starting to see some warning signs I really don't like. Nothing blatant though, so I won't mention his name. Hopefully it's just a case of going through temporary tough times, and things will get better for him.

Like I said, it happens far more often than it should.

Status
Not open for further replies.