help ID this no name light

john doe

Newly Enlightened
picked up 3 unknown maker led lights .this is one of them .i will post them all eventually but lets start here .
this is a 2-123 cell led light .unknown maker other than it says lumileds on the pill mount .its not a bad light but my p100a2 can outshine and out throw it .so for a 2-123 powered light its rather underpowered.
any idea the maker?
do you think there might be a drop in i can use on this?it does have a threaded holder that screws down against the pill.i would say the pill is just under the size of a quarter.

not bad for 2 bucks eh???actually i bought 3 different led lights for 5bucks .i missed out on some big throwers too,got there too late like usual .

the other lights are a 2aa model and a 2 c model .i will get around to showing you those too.

this is a high/low light with smooth reflector

1000107a.jpg

Shot at 2011-12-08

1000108h.jpg

Shot at 2011-12-08

1000109f.jpg

Shot at 2011-12-08

heres a better shot with a better macro camera

pc080165.jpg

Shot at 2011-12-08

Last edited:

john doe

Newly Enlightened
ok, heres light number 2 .remember now i bought 3 for 5bucks .this one is a 2 aa light body with lop reflector and a cree xl 7090 emitter .not sure if you can see in the picture but the led kinda protrudes into the reflector bowl a bit .screwing the cap off and recessing the led more does not really help .its at its best protruding into the reflector as shown .i did google this led and it would seem to be about 52 lm or so .my eagletac p100a2 will outshine it easily on the low setting .
enjoy the pictures and comment please if you have any idea what these no name lights are .

ps- has a orange single level clicky .
pc210173.jpg

Shot at 2011-12-21

pc210174.jpg

Shot at 2011-12-21

pc210175.jpg

Shot at 2011-12-21

john doe

Newly Enlightened
can this no name led light be upgraded?

just like the title says .i am wondering if this no name light here can be upgraded?
check the link ,i am asking about the light in the first set of pictures .this is a 2-123 light with a 2 level side mounted switch .i would love to upgrade this light to a more powerfull led .i like the side mounted switch ,but the way it sits my 2-aa p100a can blow it away .

i do not know the maker ,some say its a romisen .

what you guys think???if i cant upgrade it i may group them up (all my unknown lights)and sell them .along with these 2 pictured in the link i also have a 2-c cell led with no known maker .
do you think theres a market for them??

the link

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?327748-help-ID-this-no-name-light&highlight=

thanks guys

john doe

Newly Enlightened
Re: can this no name led light be upgraded?

did you look at the pictures??when you say drivers did you mean looking behind the pill??as in the rear of the plate they are mounted on ?

yeah i got a good deal ,had i been there a minute sooner i could have got some large throwers for the same price .but i missed those .dealers were carrying them away to be sold for more money .