Any flashlights/penlights available with CRI>90 and 5500 Kelvin...?

Zenbaas

Newly Enlightened
As the title states. I've had a look at the 4sevens lights but they are around 85 CRI. Are there any other options available within those parameters...?

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
right now the only LED thats 90+ CRI and neutral tint is the nichia 119, and those are hard to come by.

hmm.. oveready was selling peak eigers with that LED. if you find one, you can use the eiger with 2xAAA body also.

if you are able to get your hands on those LEDs, you would have to do some mod work, or find someone to do it for you.

Zenbaas

Newly Enlightened
right now the only LED thats 90+ CRI and neutral tint is the nichia 119, and those are hard to come by.

hmm.. oveready was selling peak eigers with that LED. if you find one, you can use the eiger with 2xAAA body also.

if you are able to get your hands on those LEDs, you would have to do some mod work, or find someone to do it for you.

Thank you Skyfire. At least that gives me a point to start from. The aim here is the most natural light possible.

archimedes

Flashaholic
Most currently available High CRI emitters have tints considerably warmer than 5500K (like 3000-4000K).

McGizmo makes the only light I have seen with CRI and CCT near your stated parameters. The light engine for most SunDrop McGizmos use a Nichia 083B and I think the binning was for CRI 96 and CCT 5600-5800K (and it is interesting that the XR-U bezel seemed to increase the CCT in that range).

One of his later threads mentions that the highest CCT tint bin for the newer Nichia 119 emitters was (at the time of posting) about 4500K and CRI 92.

Last edited:

Zenbaas

Newly Enlightened
Most currently available High CRI emitters have tints considerably warmer than 5500K (like 3000-4000K).

McGizmo makes the only light I have seen with CRI and CCT near your stated parameters. The light engine for most SunDrop McGizmos use a Nichia 083B and I think the binning was for CRI 96 and CCT 5600-5800K (and it is interesting that the XR-U bezel seemed to increase the CCT in that range).

One of his later threads mentions that the highest CCT tint bin for the newer Nichia 119 emitters was (at the time of posting) about 4500K and CRI 92.
Interesting. Yes well I'm looking for at least a CRI of 92 and 5000-5500k. The closer to 5500k the better though. At least we are moving into territory where these emitters are becoming available.