P.K.'s site...

Hotpockets

Newly Enlightened
P.K.\'s site...

NEW PICS!!! New tailswitch!? New KL5!? Looks good! CAN'T WAIT!

Hotpockets

Newly Enlightened
Re: P.K.\'s site...

Thanks F.C., I forgot to post the link. Al, Is the Z58 meant to replace the Z48/Z59, or do they both have a specific use? At first I thought the KL5 shown was a bit smaller than previous versions, but after loking at the pictures again I'm not sure. Either way, good times await surfire lovers!

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic

Sorry guys, but those KL5 and KL6 bezels are pretty damn ugly. When the bezel size approaches the size of the body, something is definately wrong.

Size15's

Flashaholic

I look at it another way - this_is_nascar isn't in the line to get these so that means there are more to go around!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

When you get to handle the KL5 & KL6, perhaps your views will change? After all, they aren't just sculptures - they produce light which means they have a practical application and therefore to some extent, the form follows function.

Okay - My take on the SureFire Clickies:

The SW02 is a WeaponLight Clickie.
The Z48 & Z49 are the same as the SW02 except with knurling rather than chunky grip for use on flashlight models in an effort to get a flashlight Clickie on the market as soon as possible.

The Z57 is a flashlight Clickie.
The Z58 & Z59 design is based on it - produced and intended for flashlight models.

The Z48/Z58 are HA.
The Z49/Z59 are BK.

I hope this helps?

Al

Rex

Newly Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
this_is_nascar said:
Sorry guys, but those KL5 and KL6 bezels are pretty damn ugly. When the bezel size approaches the size of the body, something is definately wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or there could be something really clever inside /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic

Obviously, I have never seen or used these bezels before, so my comments can only be based on looks. I don't care for the looks, however we'll have to wait and see how they perform. Based on the size, at the very minimum, I'd expect great regulation, brightness, whiteness and throw.

Hotpockets

Newly Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
Size15s said:
Your expectations are similar to mine!

Al /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ] You'er playing with one right now,ain't ya. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

FC.

Flashlight Enthusiast

KL5 is not that bad, but KL6, as I said before, looks like a beer can on a stick. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rant.gif

FC.

Flashlight Enthusiast

Look at the serial #s.
The conclusion I draw here, KL5,6 in pictures are production models, and will be available to civilans very soon.

FC.

Flashlight Enthusiast

Al, part of it is M3. It always seemed ugly to me. Just crappy proportions.

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast

What's the deal with the new clickie. Is it just me, or does that look like a thin "shim" in there? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Peter

Size15's

Flashaholic

I hope that's for moving the thread after posting on it several times myself? It's like 0245 and I really should be asleep!

Al /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sleepy.gif

Latest posts