fenix tk35 purplish int

Antonis

Newly Enlightened
I just bought a fenix tk35 and although its a pretty neat flashlight, i noticed it has a weird purplish tinted glass(when i reflect another light source on it , under certain angles it looks purplish). This makes the sidespill look a little purplish. is it normal?

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Although I don't have the TK35, I have a feeling the purplish tint you are seeing in the glass is the anti-reflective coating that is applied to most flashlight glass covers to help keep light from being reflected back into the light. It's usually most visible when viewed from an angle.

The tint in the side spill is simply coming from the cool white XM-L T6 LED. I have a Zebralight SC600 that uses the same emitter, and it has a cool side spill as well.

Rokron

Newly Enlightened
I have a TK35 and it has the same coating. The MX-L T6 emiter gives off a cool white spill, to some it's a blueish tint.

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
AR Coating. At least your TK's dont have the greenish tint like mine! hahaha :) Still a good light, fantastic throw! :)

CyberCT

Enlightened
My TK35 is similar. It seems that ever since around the time the TK15 was released, Fenix is using a different coating on their lens than they previosly did, my email response from Fenix confirmed that. I noticed too that there can be a slight tint that develops on the lens from the new coating. Either way though, I love the TK35 and it is my favorite light. Although my light is a little more green on the lowest mode and turns to pure white.

Danjojo

Newly Enlightened
My EagleTac P20C2 XM-L T6 also has a hint of purple on the very outer fringe of the spill...makes sense that it is the AR coatings the companies are using on the lens.

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
My TK35 is similar. It seems that ever since around the time the TK15 was released, Fenix is using a different coating on their lens than they previosly did, my email response from Fenix confirmed that. I noticed too that there can be a slight tint that develops on the lens from the new coating. Either way though, I love the TK35 and it is my favorite light. Although my light is a little more green on the lowest mode and turns to pure white.

You'd think that after all this time, they'd correct the LED of the TK35 to get rid of the greenish tint. Oh well...

bobbagum

Newly Enlightened
Mine's purple, but I only see it if I look at the light in the reflector, not on the beam itself so I don't mind that much

bobbagum

Newly Enlightened
Come to think of it, shining any light source on the reflector weather a ceiling light when the Flashlight is off shows purple reflection, It's definitely the coatings on the lens and should have no effect whatsoever to the tint of the light.

I mean my hard-coated spectacle has green coatings on, I don't feel it to be any tinted walking around, stop staring into the lights too much.