Has Dealextreme bought out Kaidomain ???

MikeAusC

Enlightened
I've bought quite a lot of parts from both suppliers because they have a big range of parts at good prices and I'm not hit with absurd shipping charges to Australia - although I have to suffer with questionable quality and woeful delivery times.

Even getting in-country shipping from Cutter can cost $10 for $5 part.

Looking at the Kaidomain website section Flashlight DIY, I just had to wonder about the buyout - it now looks SO much like Dealextreme now.

They even include a "Discussion" option under each product - the best feature about DX because because you could get useful info about teh product from other users, and DX did NOT delete resounding criticism. Yes, the old website did allow this, but this format looks so much better, I expect it'll be used more.

PapaLumen

Enlightened
Certainly a lot better than the old site which was terrible. Will be interesting to see if they actually allow discussion now as they very rarely did before.

Norm

Retired Administrator
My vague recollection is that DX and KD were once in partnership (can't remember the name) and split, creating the current set up.

Norm

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
My vague recollection is that DX and KD were once in partnership (can't remember the name) and split, creating the current set up.

Norm
Fifth Unit if my memory serves. They were friends but had a dispute as to how to take the business forward and just decided to split. That's what I remember anyway but that was some time ago.

moderator007

Enlightened
It seems with my last few orders that there customer service has greatly improved. I agree there site does look much better. They seem to have several parts that dx doesn't carry. From my last few experiences with both if you ask me which one I prefered. I have to say Kadomain.
I don't mean to start a complaint thread but a bought a laser module from dx back on 8-20-2011. It was defective so they sent me a replacement. Replacement came with just the driver board. The laser had been broken off and lost through a big hole in the side of the package. Finally last night They said they are sending me another replacement. It will still probably be days before it ships. 25 to 30 ticket replys and sending photos for proof, I sent some of my proof photos three times. Every time they would reply, they would want the pictures for proof. They already had them. Had to send the defective item back twice. Store credit for each shipping charge. I didn't want store credit but it was past paypals 90 days. So I had to place another order last night just so I could get my store credit. This is not the first time I have had problems but I am sure anyone who has ordered several items from them knows exactly what I am talking about. :banghead:

I hope DX didn't buy out Kaidomain. :duck: Its a good thing to have competition and options.

Last edited: