" Some Time With the SR51 "

TOQ

Newly Enlightened
Haven't posted for a while but wanted to just say a few things regarding the Olight SR51. I've owned it for several months now and each time I use it I am simply amazed at the output this little light is capable of. Sure there are many, many competitive lights on the market now and each week another more powerful version, or a completely new model, etc. is introduced so the SR51 is no longer a newbie light and has for the most part been forgotten by now in favor of all the "latest and greatest" lights that are competing with it. IMHO this has got to be one of the best values around. For what it costs and what it puts out, not too many others can hold a candle to it when it comes to lumens per dollar. I am totally satisfied with this light and am very glad I bought it when I did. Just my two cents worth here, others of course may not agree with how I feel about it...................

Happy Holidays to all.........Terry:twothumbs

tatteredmidnight

Newly Enlightened
I got mine on black Friday weekend. Its an incredible light and a fantastic value. It amazes me the spill available with such an intense hot spot.

-- Adam

cummins4x4

Enlightened
Had mine for a few months as well. Great light, great price. I found it doesn't like the xxxfire 18650's, it would switch to low and flicker. Bought some AW 2900's, all is well.

Tommygun45

Enlightened
Also agree. This light is truly awesome. I have a couple of Callies Customs 3100 in there and they get great run times. I take it for walks. I can't believe how much light it still puts out even on low mode. On high its just amazing. With the diffuser it floods more of an area than my Malkoff M91. Take it off and you're lighting up targets hundreds of yards away. Its a little big, compared to the Malkoff say, which gives it that advantage, but its still an awesome light.

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the side switch. The low is good for most everything I do, but the high is *bright!* My tint is a little greenish, though.

tatteredmidnight

Newly Enlightened
+1 to the side switch. I wish more lights would go this route. I for one don't do anything tactical, and having a switch optimized for hand gun use is less than useful when dog-walking, or doing one of the many other, more pedestrian tasks i perform on a daily basis. I also purchased a S65 Baton because of its side switch and AA use. I find the tint on my SR51 to be less greenish than the S65, although as is common with XMLs, it is greener on low.

-- Adam

Latest posts