Sunwayman V10R owners: You have a hat light!

TheTomas

Newly Enlightened
I recently purchased a V10R titanium and, despite an eagerness to buy a kuku titanium clip, I've found the stock clip to be surprisingly useful.

Specifically, I've just found an interesting "feature" I haven't heard anyone mention. After polishing all the black paint off the clip, I carried it for a day before I realized I could flip the clip upside down, and use it to clip the light to the bill of my ball cap. Hands free operation!

Here's some pics:
2011-12-06_23-23-56_644.jpg
2011-12-06_23-21-37_116.jpg

If you make sure the bill of the cap gets all the way to the top of the clip, it's a solid fit and doesn't move around when you move your head.

kreisler

Banned
nice photo, thanks.
not too heavy the light? (what's the total weight (in xx.x grams)..)

you happy with the quality of the clip? i think there#s a CPF thread where people complain about the flimsiness of the clip and look for alternative clip products.

i am interested in this Titanium product too. looks beautiful.

TheTomas

Newly Enlightened
nice photo, thanks.
not too heavy the light? (what's the total weight (in xx.x grams)..)

you happy with the quality of the clip? i think there#s a CPF thread where people complain about the flimsiness of the clip and look for alternative clip products.

i am interested in this Titanium product too. looks beautiful.

The weight is fine. I'm sure it's heavier than other headlamps, but according to the sunwayman website it weighs 69 grams without the battery, and it feels fine. I don't know how much batteries weigh.

The clip could stand to be a lot better, but it's really not that bad. I had to sand it, because it was black and didn't "match" the light, but it attaches solidly and, as you can see, has a bonus feature. I'll probably still buy a kuku clip someday, but the stock clip is fine for most purposes.

Overall the light is amazing and I'm very happy with it. I highly recommend it.

egrep

Enlightened
Yeah, the clip is reversible. The Ti is a bit heavy for a hat light IMO. The Al version as heavy of course, but I think a 10440 is a better form factor for such a thing.

Edit: Here's an idea I'll drop in your thread...

I think Steve still has some 18500 tubes available. I'm not sure if it still stands, but these shipped out with the Ku Ti clip in a bag and a D10 Ti clip optionally attached to the tube. So you end up with a spare. You might want to inquire on that thread.

Last edited: